Penn's buy out Quantum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
But Harry you want the retention committee sacked, and said so repeatedly , apparently to you they are " dead wood",

So bye Geoff Toovey, bye Dave Warwick, bye Steve Gigg and bye Dave Perry.

As I said Narrabeens going to look pretty bare in 2 weeks when pre season training starts !!

Mark from Brisbane said:
But Harry you want the retention committee sacked, and said so repeatedly , apparently to you they are " dead wood",

As I said Narrabeens going to look pretty bare in 2 weeks when pre season training starts !!

What they can't find replacements ?

Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Going over old ground now. Toovey should be kept, he is a local junior for a start and has the ability as a good coach and a lovely guy. I would hate to see Nathan Brown take control as there are rumors with this

Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

They probably can Harry, but it's good to know your view is sack the lot, we now firmly know where you stand.

I suppose the poor old office staff and membership / marketing crew are next in your sights?

But don't worry good old Uncle Zorba can do the lot!!

I'll let the others on here critique your options , who knows maybe it's me that's out of step!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

They probably can Harry, but it's good to know your view is sack the lot, we now firmly know where you stand.

I suppose the poor old office staff and membership / marketing crew are next in your sights?

I'll let the others on here critique your options , who knows maybe it's me that's out of step!!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion Mark, we don't always have to agree with you. The Penns will do what they want and I am sure, if there will be changes, we will hear about it soon

Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion Mark, we don't always have to agree with you. The Penns will do what they want and I am sure, if there will be changes, we will hear about it soon. Have a good day Mark :)

I love that manly have warwick but who signed up all those young doggie stars. The klemmers , jacksons, finnucanes, tha small winger and lafai, were they all at the dogs prior

jbb/james said:
I love that manly have warwick but who signed up all those young doggie stars. The klemmers , jacksons, finnucanes, tha small winger and lafai, were they all at the dogs prior

If you have the money to throw around on juniors (which we don't) you can sign anyone. It was like Cleal at parra they threw money around like confetti got a few good ones but a lot of busts. My favourite was Barney Haslett signed as a 13 year old. I think for the lack of budget Warwick has to work with he has done an outstanding job.

It's been reported on here that we spend bugger all on our Juniors / 20's, I guess that's why they always struggle.

As to who is performing better as a recruitment officer now , Warwick or Cleal , haven't a clue, I was just reporting the facts from 2011.

I know that Warwick is held in high regard, my dealings with the Broncos confirmed that . They are still dirty that he managed to pinch a few from them, Jaydn Hodges being one.

Mark from Brisbane said:
It's been reported on here that we spend bugger all on our Juniors / 20's, I guess that's why they always struggle.

As to who is performing better as a recruitment officer now , Warwick or Cleal , haven't a clue, I was just reporting the facts from 2011.

I know that Warwick is held in high regard, my dealings with the Broncos confirmed that . They are still dirty that he managed to pinch a few from them, Jaydn Hodges being one.

I thought Hodges came from the Cowboys, dont know why The Bronco's would be upset.

jbb/james said:

Sorry James but all of the above mentioned players were already there. Cleal went there in 2012. Those players are as follows:

Finucane - 2009-2011 Bulldogs Toyota Cup Team
Klemmer - 2010-2011 Bulldogs Toyota Cup Team
Lafai - 2010-2011 Bulldogs Toyota Cup Team
Jackson - 2010-2011 Bulldogs Toyota Cup Team

Can you name one player that Cleal signed please.

Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:
Hope the Retention Committee get a clean out, the cause of a lot of problems with players leaving

So farewell to Toovey / Gigg / Warwick and Perry

So our coach is gone, our football operations manager gone, our gun recruiter gone and our CEO gone

Is that what you want @Harry

Going to be a bit lonely at Narrabeen come the 15th of November

Keep Toovey but get rid of the rest and bring in some young enthusiastic heads and clean out any other dry wood lying around

You don't know much.

Ryan said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

I thought Hodges came from the Cowboys, dont know why The Bronco's would be upset.

My bad, it was Lui wasn't it!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Ryan said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Pretty sure Lui wasn't in their future plans. He had a contract offer that was about minimum wage, a big drop from what he was on with them, forcing him to look at other clubs. May prove a mistake by them, but only in hindsight.

Ralphie said:
jbb/james said:

Sorry James but all of the above mentioned players were already there. Cleal went there in 2012. Those players are as follows:

Finucane - 2009-2011 Bulldogs Toyota Cup Team
Klemmer - 2010-2011 Bulldogs Toyota Cup Team
Lafai - 2010-2011 Bulldogs Toyota Cup Team
Jackson - 2010-2011 Bulldogs Toyota Cup Team

Can you name one player that Cleal signed please.

Krisnan Inu and Sam Perrett ?? Youth policy.

Hamster Huey said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Ryan said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Pretty sure Lui wasn't in their future plans. He had a contract offer that was about minimum wage, a big drop from what he was on with them, forcing him to look at other clubs. May prove a mistake by them, but only in hindsight.

Anyway the point I was making was the Bronco's GM had a high opinion of Dave Warwick, and said he was particularly well connected in the QLD market.

It was a statement suggesting the guy is reasonably invaluable, and IMO a much better option than Noel Cleal.

the mauler said:
Everyone knows that Warwick is a gun recruiter and has Cleal covered easily..... Everyone except for Harry that is.
We'll wait and see what Penn thinks, maybe Cleal is back on his radar
Interesting article this...

THE best talent scout in the business, Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, walked out on Manly to join Des Hasler at the Bulldogs because he lost confidence in the Sea Eagles' administration.

Cleal signed a five-year contract with Canterbury on Friday night and will leave the Sea Eagles immediately.

The former Test forward has the sharpest eye for talent in the game, having made the semi-finals for 14 of the 16 years he's worked in recruitment at Parramatta and then Manly.

It's common knowledge Cleal has taken up the Bulldogs offer because he can't work with the Manly administration. He's also angry over the sacking of his mate, Peter 'Zorba' Peters.

Not that he will say so publicly.

When I asked him to comment on his departure, Cleal said: "I'm not going to **** bag the place. That's not my style. Canterbury made a good offer, it's a challenging job, and I very much enjoy working with Dessie.

"The Bulldogs are a very professional club and I'm ready for a new challenge."

Unlike premier coach Hasler, who is staying at Brookvale for another year, Cleal is leaving straight away to give Geoff Toovey the chance to plan ahead with his own recruitment team.

Cleal's loss is a huge blow for Manly where he is regarded as a legend by the players and fans. Chairman and part-owner Scott Penn had offered him a substantial pay rise to stay on the northern peninsula. It puts more pressure on struggling CEO David Perry and an already fractured administration.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8