Parcell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Parcell who ???
I don't live in the past , I focus on the present and at present we have Api who was man of the match in our great win against the Cowgirls . Api was inspirational in the toughest comp in the world the NRL.
Making a player a champion who performs well in a 3rd division English pub comp is ridiculous , absolutely ridiculous
Cheers
View attachment 5090
Rubbish. If he was mannof the match you have your eyes painted on as usual.Don't confuse enthusiasm with ability. He and Leisha are easily the worst two hookers in the comp.

You pay hookers to run football teams around the park, not run around like a chook with its head cut off.

With him at 9 we will never be a premiership force. Simple as that.

To be fair I would like the pub sides play us not after we have our Xmas puddings but in the midst of our comp when we are staring to peak
and we will never see pub teams beat us again
As always I would love it if you debated a point rather than this sort of thing.

For what it is worth..

1. If you watch any of the games over there you will see the standard has actually improved
2. Api, at the start of last year, had played 30 first grade games (over the course of two years). Matt P had only played one or two. I would be interested to see many hookers who can settle into first grade straight away
3. If the quality is so bad why is there an ever increasing number of Super League players who are coming the other way?
4. The days of ESL being a retirement league are gone

Rubbish. If he was mannof the match you have your eyes painted on as usual.Don't confuse enthusiasm with ability. He and Leisha are easily the worst two hookers in the comp.

You pay hookers to run football teams around the park, not run around like a chook with its head cut off.

Api did all the right things last weekend and pretty much all this year, last year wasn't his best but this year he has been great. His defence and zip is very very high quality and when you stop comparing him to other you will realise how good he is.

I might be wrong but I think you said the same about Orford and us not going all the way with him.

For the record I am concerned about Api as our 9. But I would not write us off with him there if we have the right players elsewhere.

As always I would love it if you debated a point rather than this sort of thing.

For what it is worth..

1. If you watch any of the games over there you will see the standard has actually improved
2. Api, at the start of last year, had played 30 first grade games (over the course of two years). Matt P had only played one or two. I would be interested to see many hookers who can settle into first grade straight away
3. If the quality is so bad why is there an ever increasing number of Super League players who are coming the other way?
4. The days of ESL being a retirement league are gone
1. The ESL Improved ? Still way below NRL standard
2. Prior to his Injury Matt P was given plenty of opportunity to show what he had to offer
When he was released no NRL club wanted him
3. Super league players going the other way because they are home sick
4. The days ESL being a retirement village ? Just ask aging players like Gift where they go when they are punted by their NRL clubs
5. Look at the quality players form Australia playing Super league and you will see that they are either at the end of their careers or are not wanted by their NRL clubs
6. Nrl and ESL standard is like Full strength Beer and Ginger beer
We will agree to disagree on this one but what we will always agree with is Go the mighty Sea eagle !!!
Cheers
brew-ginger-beer-bottle-US.png

Still don't understand why we let him go but when Zoolander is still playing brown then it all makes sense

Pretty straight forward. There was a hooker that was let go by first Parra and also the Roosters over the last two seasons.

Thankfully for him, his surname was Lussick. Therefore uncle Bobby would get him in and let Parcell go instead.

I might be wrong but I think you said the same about Orford and us not going all the way with him.

For the record I am concerned about Api as our 9. But I would not write us off with him there if we have the right players elsewhere.
You are wrong :)
Was one of his greatest admirers. Disgraceful the garbage he copped on here. Played with an injury in 2008 that would have kept most blokes off the field.Manly great in my eyes.

Parcell had a contract with Manly for this year .... if he had had any confidence in his own ability he had the option to say "**** off, I'm staying and will prove you wrong."

Instead he leapt at the pommie offer and was on a plane 3 hours later.

Two years in a row BJ Lawrence has been told he is busted, buggered and gone .... two years in a row BJ has said **** off I'll show you dickheads ...

I know which one I am glad stayed.

PS. From memory part of releasing him was to free up money to get Kelly, am I right.

Pss, Parcell is talented and I wish him all the success, I hope he becomes that good a player we pay a fortune for him to return .... BUT HE IS GORNE ... get over it.

PSSS. @globaleagle do you like the PSS'S

Parcell had a contract with Manly for this year .... if he had had any confidence in his own ability he had the option to say "**** off, I'm staying and will prove you wrong."

Are you saying Ballin, Buhrer, Gutherson, Hiku et al didn't have any confidence in their ability either? They all had the option too.

Or maybe they all just saw the writing on the wall (Parcell included).

Are you saying Ballin, Buhrer, Gutherson, Hiku et al didn't have any confidence in their ability either? They all had the option too.

Or maybe they all just saw the writing on the wall (Parcell included).
Correct, all had the option ... why they didn't would just be conjecture, and if they had stayed the outcome would have been ????? I don't know.

Instead he leapt at the pommie offer and was on a plane 3 hours later.

Two years in a row BJ Lawrence has been told he is busted, buggered and gone .... two years in a row BJ has said **** off I'll show you dickheads ...

I know which one I am glad stayed.

PS. From memory part of releasing him was to free up money to get Kelly, am I right.

Pss, Parcell is talented and I wish him all the success, I hope he becomes that good a player we pay a fortune for him to return .... BUT HE IS GORNE ... get over it.

PSSS. @globaleagle do you like the PSS'S
Fair enough you don't rate Parcell but that stuff about staying around to prove yourself is plain wrong.

BJ was going nowhere else because he was busted and no one wanted him. I like him as a player but that's a fact.
Contacts mean nothing now on both sides.

If Fulton said he didnt want Parcell to be there he would be in the reggies for 2 years.Simple as that. Anyone who knows how that bloke works knows it's his way or the highway.When he tells you to look around it's over.

Parcell did what he had to do.

Fair enough you don't rate Parcell but that stuff about staying around to prove yourself is plain wrong.

BJ was going nowhere else because he was busted and no one wanted him. I like him as a player but that's a fact.
Contacts mean nothing now on both sides. If Fulton said he didnt want Parcell to be there he would be in the reggies for 2 years.Simple as that. Anyone who knows how that bloke works knows it's his way or the highway.When he tells you to look around it's over.

Parcell did what he had to do.

Parcell went ok, everybody agrees, he has talent, we all agree, but in his 10 or so FG performances he didn't set the world on fire or show enough to far better judges than me, that he was going to do so any time soon.

It's sad, but he's gone.

Api is what we have, spending so much time trying to convince us he is useless is senseless. We know you believe him to be the worst hooker in the world since I last dressed up and tried to turn a trick, but I don't know what is achieved by it.

Not senseless if you want to win a comp and that's what Manly do

Okay, I'll concede and agree that the reason we won't win the comp this year is because of Api. So we can now leave it there until we see what happens for next year.

Now what can we talk about?

For the record I 100% agree with @susan when it comes to Api. As I've said, I have no issue with his heart or enthusiasm, but unless he can learn to pass from dummy half consistently we are not going to go close to winning the premiership. Api may have an NRL Premiership ring with Souffs, but that is only because Luke got himself suspended, otherwise he'd have been in the stands that night with the rest of Souffs reserve graders.

He may have won a premiership, but he took that with him to Penrith and still played 2nd fiddle behind Segeyaro. I wonder why.....???

I also agree with @eaglebuzz in that both Parcell and Ferris were victims of our current salary cap situation (Snake and Skivy). We had to get rid of players and they were the only ones anyone else wanted. Newcastle jumped at the chance of having Ferris and Leeds are so far reaping the benefits of Parcell. To sign players like Sironen and Hastings we had to offload and they were picked as the sacrificial lambs.

And regardless of whether Parcell had confidence in himself or not, a young 23 year old who had just finished his first full year in first grade isn't going to stand up to someone like Bob Fulton when the Immortal tells him that we have to let him go.

You are wrong :)
Was one of his greatest admirers. Disgraceful the garbage he copped on here. Played with an injury in 2008 that would have kept most blokes off the field.Manly great in my eyes.

My apologies, I must be getting you confused with someone else!!!!

Api did all the right things last weekend and pretty much all this year, last year wasn't his best but this year he has been great. His defence and zip is very very high quality and when you stop comparing him to other you will realise how good he is.
Watch the game again. Love Api but 30% of his passes go above the chest height for players running into the ball. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It slows down the run of the player receiving the ball and they end up standing more upright with there arms higher exposing their ribs. As a former half this was very annoying when my dummy half did it to me.

Watch the game again. Love Api but 30% of his passes go above the chest height for players running into the ball. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It slows down the run of the player receiving the ball and they end up standing more upright with there arms higher exposing their ribs. As a former half this was very annoying when my dummy half did it to me.
Yeah, I doubt you could ever fix that problem....it's a terminal situation that no amount of practice or coaching will fix...ever. Give him death by lethal injection :nod::shake::nod::shake:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10