[Resurrected] Parcell the next to go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've admitted today that I apparently know " **** All" about wether a player is good or bad BUT I think Parcell could play for QLD one day, so ditching him after one season, as a 20 year old is just dumb dumb dumb!!

But don't listen to me, I know nothing !!!
I know on the surface getting rid of Parcell seems like a dud decision, but I still believe that Bozo is forming what could be a very good football team next season. I will wait until everything is resolved before casting judgement on what the final makeup of the squad looks like. As it stands there are way too many variables in play at the moment ie Snake and Matai, what signings are still to be announced. We may or may not sign any of the following Sironen, Matagi, Tupou, DWZ etc. Then there is Blake Green, Uate and Shaun Lane. Will Meehan and Hopoate be cleared? The dust needs to settle to give us a clear picture as to what our best 17 is going to be, and I just feel overall we are going to have the makings of a serious side next season.

Hello from a very warm PNG..my manly friends (and there are many mad fans here), we laugh at all the gossip talk you do on here..First Bird, T-Rex, now Parcell apparently going when nothing from the club about it..Just because someone reckons they spoke to Beaver!! You should just be proud of your team and the people who run it. We would love to see the Sea Eagles play each week like you get to do LIVE! So for me bring on 2017, go Matty Parcell, good luck Trent, and go Jake the SARIP. Go Manly!!!
That's cool that you are from PNG! Were you at the airport when the Kangaroos arrived? Looked really awesome. Nice nickname for Jake as well!

Parcel and Apie will both be playing for us next year im sure.
At least we didn't sign Greg Bird. Don't get me wrong Goanna Pete i'm a proud Manly fan since 1968 and I bleed Maroon and White and I still love the club. Beaver for Prime Minister! I'll be supporting the club next year! I've got a good feeling it's going to be a good year next year.

giphy.gif

I don't think those missed tackle stats tell the whole story. At times Api is that keen he attempts tackles that are not his to make and could stay out of, that another player would just let go to the blokes in front of the runner. He doesn't just take "his man" he tries to take them all.

Also he tries to hit hard, that can make you miss the odd one ... but worth it, I don't think our defence suffers with him in the middle.
Thats for bloody sure api is an absolute terrier that will take on anybody.if everyone had his comittment you wldnt lose to many games..

Thats for bloody sure api is an absolute terrier that will take on anybody.if everyone had his comittment you wldnt lose to many games..

Agreed, just not sure he has the right game for dummy half. Would love to see him the size of a 2nd rower, he is definitely a goer.

Agreed, just not sure he has the right game for dummy half. Would love to see him the size of a 2nd rower, he is definitely a goer.

I agree mate .. His passing game is not where we need it or want it to be not by a long way .. But his effort & willingness to compete for the full 80mins will do me anyday . I really like parcell bcos of his speed but api is in my 17 every day of the week .. Push jake up to the second row where he shld be & play api at lock where he can tackle his heart out & inject himself against a tiring defence & cut you open . His great at 2nd phase play much like that grub josh reynolds ..

Last edited by a moderator:

I reckon he's a decent half, just not a dummy half. Not being able to pass well to both sides has 'grown up playing in the halves, on one side of the field only' written all over it.

I rate API (man of the match v Bunnies anyone?) and think the two complement each other well. Shoot me down if you like but I wouldn't have a problem with Brown at hooker either.

Wasn't he filling in for DCE that night though?

Don't get me wrong - I like the guy, and there are a lot of positives to his game. But not being able to pass crisply and cleanly to both sides puts him way down the hooker pecking order. Playing in the halves he goes well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8