Pre-Game Panthers v Manly [Round 6, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 12
Bluebet Stadium
08 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of who plays 6 this really is a watershed game for us. Whilst this is only Rd 6 we need to show the other sides that we can be serious contenders and really give this premiership a shake.

I will probably get the usual feeling before & throughout the match that we will be no match and ultimately lose. I really hate having these feelings but the team performance on Saturday (and I was there) does not instill confidence.

I truly hope that they prove me wrong, very wrong, and it's time to show us, loyal supporters, that we are the real deal !! and that we are not only able to talk the talk (as per the many interviews on the website) but importantly walk the walk. Go the Mighty Sea Eagles!

sick of this clubs injury toll year in and year out. This is the issue with so much coin tied up in so few players. We are strapped for depth. Fully fit, we can match the good sides. Injuries slip in and we become mid table challengers at best. Bloody over it!

sick of this clubs injury toll year in and year out. This is the issue with so much coin tied up in so few players. We are strapped for depth. Fully fit, we can match the good sides. Injuries slip in and we become mid table challengers at best. Bloody over it!

Don’t worry waz, only two more years of DCE being overpaid a under delivering.

The kicker of course is, we will probably have lost Weekes, Humphries or latu fainu in that time!

I think it is the coach's job to pick a team that gives the best chance of winning. This game is vital for our season going forward and our best 13 (which excludes Johns) should start, IMO. Des persevered with non performing players. I hope Seibold doesn't have this predeliction. If Johns is selected ahead of Weekes, I think the wider NRL community will start asking questions about Seibold's coaching ability.
I agree and Seibs paid the price for not picking our best 13 last week, we had the opportunity to field a stronger side and gain the benefit of some game time.
Also think a positional switch could strengthen the side as well, nothing permanent, just using the same logic as above, got to give ourselves the best chance of winning.

Don’t worry waz, only two more years of DCE being overpaid a under delivering.

The kicker of course is, we will probably have lost Weekes, Humphries or latu fainu in that time!
It's true, DCE had a lacklustre match in Mudgee. He should have guided us to a win, although he certainly wasn't the only average performer in the Manly 17. I also can't understand why we extended him for two years; he should have signed with the 'Fins and been their leader as they develop into a NRL force.
But I also look at other clubs and they have more stars than us, yet somehow remain under the Cap. If Easts can field a team of internationals (or soon to be internationals) who claim to play for them at less than their market value then they will win the comp most years. They can buy established stars, such as Brandon Smith, and next year Dom Young and Spencer Lenu, while we get excited about Ben Condon and Kelma.
The 'Riff and Brisbane have endless juniors so they will be the only clubs to seriously challenge Easts' dominance.
I'm pretty deflated about our chances of ever being a premiership force again. I think the fans of 12-13 other clubs are feeling the same way after reading the Easts' roster.
I'm hoping the NRL will stand up to Polities and publish the salaries of all NRL players. The Easts' book would go straight to the top of the best fiction story list.

It's true, DCE had a lacklustre match in Mudgee. He should have guided us to a win, although he certainly wasn't the only average performer in the Manly 17. I also can't understand why we extended him for two years; he should have signed with the 'Fins and been their leader as they develop into a NRL force.
But I also look at other clubs and they have more stars than us, yet somehow remain under the Cap. If Easts can field a team of internationals (or soon to be internationals) who claim to play for them at less than their market value then they will win the comp most years. They can buy established stars, such as Brandon Smith, and next year Dom Young and Spencer Lenu, while we get excited about Ben Condon and Kelma.
The 'Riff and Brisbane have endless juniors so they will be the only clubs to seriously challenge Easts' dominance.
I'm pretty deflated about our chances of ever being a premiership force again. I think the fans of 12-13 other clubs are feeling the same way after reading the Easts' roster.
I'm hoping the NRL will stand up to Polities and publish the salaries of all NRL players. The Easts' book would go straight to the top of the best fiction story list.
Publishing salaries won’t do much if they don’t include publishing TPA’s. I also wonder what salaries these players are being offered post football.

Every side playing by the rules are the same.
Look at the storm now. Ordinary if spine is out.
Penrith will have to pay the piper as their big names start to take up huge coin.
The rooters also........ actually hold that. The rooters are fine because they cheat the capppp.....

Schuster aside, we've still got most of our top 17 available so we should be happy while it lasts!! The top backline does seem to always have an aversion to being on the field at the same time though :_

Every side playing by the rules are the same.
Look at the storm now. Ordinary if spine is out.
Penrith will have to pay the piper as their big names start to take up huge coin.
The rooters also........ actually hold that. The rooters are fine because they cheat the capppp.....
The Rorters cannot , in any way known to man , be legally ( all factors accounted for ) anywhere near the cap.

But you can 100% absolutely guarantee that they are under the cap , and only have the allowed amount of TPA’s.

On the books.

Finally someone nails it !!
It’s not rocket science, eh Mark? I’m not privy to the inner psychological games or long term plans of the club, but for me, as a sausage-roll eating numpty supporter, it makes sense to give the kid opportunity, especially when one of our porcelain dolls is out.

Weekes is not the new messiah… but, we need to be smart with giving him the opportunity to shine instead of inhibiting him.
Further to this , no doubt he’s a good kid , and talented , but I agree , most on here think he’s the messiah , and playing him at 5/8 will fix everything.

Not that two top line coaches , and a complete coaching team of assistants would know anything though!!

The Manly NRL site can piss the profile pic of Woodsie off the site.(below). How long has Kelma Tuilagi been signed up with us. Yet he’s still got no Manly profile pic. While Martin Tapas has got his pic up in a Broncos jersey. You shouldn’t put a profile pic in a teams line up with his old club jersey on. No other team has it. And just because Woods was a last minute deal I would rather see his name and that’s it. It’s sacrilegious to have a goons jersey amongst our own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10