Panther fans mock viking clap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Is mocking the clap disrespectful?

• Yes .. very naughty and rude

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • No .. bugger the silly clappers

Votes: 33 75.0%

• Total voters
Anything that gets up Ricky's nose and Canberra's @rse, Im happy with. Ricky is the biggest sook coach in the comp. He has done nothing but coached a team to a premiership that Humphrey Bear could of. Since then Sweet FA. Great player, shi1 coach.
When you are coming 2nd last you have to own it, and if the opposition fans are disrespecting the so called Viking clap, so be it. Don't blame the Riff fans blame your team...

Would probably mean more if it was the Raiders Viking clap and not a knock off of the Iceland football team Viking clap from a couple of world cups ago. Personally, if it was original then they may feel aggrieved, but they are just imitators.

I didn’t have a problem with it…bit of a laugh.
‘Later on I put your question to the daughter @Woodsie
She had a think for 5 seconds and says NO!
Im like fark that’s a pretty strong no…so why then?
She says imagine we’re playing the Storm in Melbourne and they’re giving us a flogging
and all of a sudden after they score the PA breaks out into a rendition of Eagle Rock
and the Storm fans stand and start singing it with gusto….how would you feel?
Well, the hairs bristled up on the back of my neck, the blood pressure went up. The daughter said have a look at your face, you look like you’re going to blow a gasket!
Ok,I said, seens you put in a damn fine persuasive argument I’m changing my mind.
Yes it is mocking.:eek:

Pah... a beat up.

As others have made mention the Raiders "clap" was copied from the Icelandic football fans.

Even the horn (A marketing gimic) was copied from a NFL team in the US (Minnesota Vikings) and the idea of a guest "blower" was copied from the Seattle Seahawks (NFL) team who copied their name from the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.... (no, sorry, I made that bit up....)

See here some background on the above: 'It signals we're ready for war': The origin of Canberra's Viking horn

On "hijacking" a clubs marketing idea - who was at Suncorp a few years ago when the Broncos "rally towel" idea went really wrong as we flogged them and used the silly little towels to "rally" our team?

I'll be getting up early tomorrow morning to watch the mighty Liverpool FC play in the 1st leg of the Champions League semi final - I wonder if the fans will support the team with a rousing rendition of Ring of Fire (much better with scarves than silly little towels...) this from just over 10 years ago...

It's fine for fans to banter and carry on like this....as a neutral supporter, found it funny
It's some of the Penrith players getting a bit cocky I find annoying, especially the 5/8 Luai....has turned into an arrogant big head and hopefully gets smashed a few times in 2022

She says imagine we’re playing the Storm in Melbourne and they’re giving us a flogging
and all of a sudden after they score the PA breaks out into a rendition of Eagle Rock
Well, the hairs bristled up on the back of my neck, the blood pressure went up. The daughter said have a look at your face, you look like you’re going to blow a gasket!
Ok,I said, seens you put in a damn fine persuasive argument I’m changing my mind.

Yes it is mocking ... and yes it can piss you off ... BUT .. is it disrespectful . .. but more importantly, is it wrong.

The difference with that scenario is if it's coming through the PA then it's a club driven thing - then that would be disrespectful imo ( most likely pre-planned and communicated to the fan base) and l'm sure in this PC world the NRL would come down and sanction them somehow.
The Riff fans doing the clap is imo just some cocky fans making hay while the sun shines.

Pah... a beat up.

As others have made mention the Raiders "clap" was copied from the Icelandic football fans.

Even the horn (A marketing gimic) was copied from a NFL team in the US (Minnesota Vikings) and the idea of a guest "blower" was copied from the Seattle Seahawks (NFL) team who copied their name from the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.... (no, sorry, I made that bit up....)

See here some background on the above: 'It signals we're ready for war': The origin of Canberra's Viking horn

On "hijacking" a clubs marketing idea - who was at Suncorp a few years ago when the Broncos "rally towel" idea went really wrong as we flogged them and used the silly little towels to "rally" our team?

I'll be getting up early tomorrow morning to watch the mighty Liverpool FC play in the 1st leg of the Champions League semi final - I wonder if the fans will support the team with a rousing rendition of Ring of Fire (much better with scarves than silly little towels...) this from just over 10 years ago...
Good to see you still around @vidmar .
That ‘rally towel"night in Brizzo is one of my favourite memories. I had no voice the next day, my jaw was killing me from laughing so hard.
I’d always wondered how the following days Broncos PR/Management meeting went down. It must’ve been a back stabbing bloodbath.

Good to see you still around @vidmar .
That ‘rally towel"night in Brizzo is one of my favourite memories. I had no voice the next day, my jaw was killing me from laughing so hard.
I’d always wondered how the following days Broncos PR/Management meeting went down. It must’ve been a back stabbing bloodbath.
Hello mate, all good with us so hope same goes with you guys?
Yes, that was a classic visit to "Brookvale North" as it was in those days - In the article, it even shows the printed instructions that were given to Bronco's fans on how and when to use the "NRMA Rally Towel" - too funny.
:)

It's fine for fans to banter and carry on like this....as a neutral supporter, found it funny
It's some of the Penrith players getting a bit cocky I find annoying, especially the 5/8 Luai....has turned into an arrogant big head and hopefully gets smashed a few times in 2022

We had our chance. He ran rings around us. No wonder he is cocky.

We had our chance. He ran rings around us. No wonder he is cocky.
What chance - Penrith smashed Manly by plenty....you think he is cocky after beating Manly ?
I think Talaki towelled Manly up more than any player in history, but done it with humble class and let his actions on the field do the talking - that's how its done.

My view is that there is a world of difference between a fan sticking it up opposing fans .. and a player being disrespectful to an opponent on the field.

Numbnut fans that clap over their heads are fair game and cry out to be ridiculed by opposing fans ... but showing disrespect on the field is not a good look.

I gleefully sang about a massive garden shed at the footy for years, to anyone that listened and loved it.
was always silly considering brooky but it was close to the number 1 hit

If the opposition had of sung it back and mocked us i couldnt have given a rats rrrrrs

collective human experiences are awesome no matter what side of the fence you sit
as they say... its all gone quiet over there.....repeat

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8