1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our season over.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by 1969, Aug 5, 2016.

1. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

Burleigh Heads
    Ratings:
    +394 / 48
    No Jamie Lyon, no premiership. 3 mistakes from Ferris, just not our year

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. pt73

pt73 Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0
    Yep, too much dropped ball and we missed Killer.

3. EagleFlys

EagleFlys Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +516 / 30
    Game over. Maybe next year we will have a decent coach too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. SeaEagle9413

SeaEagle9413 Forward Pass

Ratings:
    +348 / 60
    Yeah it is over. The slime put an end to our season yet again. We will get our revenge one day, mark my words!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    Essentially we have no 5/8. so we have a gaping hole in our team. Also we have a kindergarten coach and these two aspects are related.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,342 / 111
    All game i kept wanting Skivvy to run out. These sortof games have his impact written all over them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. weev

weev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +684 / 17
    That's 5 in a row from the slime. I think I now understand butthurt.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. PhredXor

PhredXor New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Did people actually expect us to make the finals after the last few weeks? I thought we looked pretty average, barely putting away the Knights and Rabbits wasn't very impressive.

That said we were truly awful tonight. So disappointing to see. Really need Killer at 6 to take some load off Cherry.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. qldeagle

qldeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +978 / 48
    No excuses, Parra had no halves. either. Robson was their only play maker. DCE had no idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brocky

Brocky Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 30
    You are right the last four games we beat no one. How can they perform like that with so much on the line. Barret should of got them up for this one.

11. Eagle of London

Eagle of London Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 19
    Other than having a few stars which are fading fast we are just a poorly coached, badly organised team of individuals. Yes there is talent coming thru but it has to be guided and that's just not happening

I lay that squarely on the feet of the coaching team. Yes the injury toll has been high but I really feel that if toovey had have been able to continue we would have been in no worse a position than we are now. Probably in the 8.

Look at our flat attack.

Do you remember our amazing sweeping Backlines plays that bamboozled opposition defences?

Do you remember cutting teams to shreads thru the middle.

Do you remember the fact that even with a lightweight forward pack putting teams to the sward by 40 points.

With the amount of ball we had in their 30 tonight we should have won by 50.

It seems like Barrett has come in and said 'hey! I know you won multiple premierships. I know you guys in the back line have been probably the best attacking combination for the past 8 years.I know fortress brookvale is just that. But I really think I can make you better. Now just forget everything you have been doing and try this.'

We have no attack other than turbo and the odd break by others. DCE doesn't go from the heir apprent to headless chickens overnight.

It's the coach. Plain and simple.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. rifraff

rifraff Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +682 / 19
    Of course it is the coach. It always is.. Which one of the three super coaches Bennet, Robinson or Maguire should we have thrown money at?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    See you next year

14. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,632 / 74
    I saw the writing on the wall when lussick ridiculously taunted Scott, then knocked on during the next set of 6. Dumb dumb dumb. And he had shown amazing discipline and form in recent weeks. Premiership teams don't have that crud in their games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wombat Legacy

Wombat Legacy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,905 / 114
    Dream on, those days are over

16. SeaEagle21

SeaEagle21 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +866 / 14
    Maguire a supercoach?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Kevinward777

Kevinward777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,239 / 31
    I'm hoping he was being sarcastic.

18. eaglebuzz

eaglebuzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,023 / 77
    We can still theoretically make the finals, but we now have to rely on other sides losing and, even more unlikely, beating the Dogs, Raiders, Storm and Panthers.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Brocky

Brocky Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 30
    We couldn't beat eggs, I can see 4/4 losses here. To be realistic. If parra beats us we are in worser position than we think. Barret is nit a coaches assholecand cartright record is a joke.

20. eaglebuzz

eaglebuzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,023 / 77
    Cartwright was assistant at the Cows when they won the premiership last year. And Barrett hasn't had long enough with the side for me to write him off completely. If we clear out dead wood and have some good signings over the off season, then I think he should have 2017 to prove himself.

I doubt we will lose all 4. The rain and the refs really hurt us last night, and I think Lyon and Parcell returning will make us a far better side. I doubt we will make the finals, but we can.