1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our run to the finals

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by swoop, Aug 8, 2011.

1. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    Eels (A) we should win this one
    Bulldogs(H) as above
    Storm(H) we win a tight one
    Broncos(A) Away 50/50 hopefully spoil lockyer's farewell

We finish on 42 points

We need good wins over the eels and dogs. Having said that, dropping a game won't hurt us just before the finals.

Storm run

Titans (A) storm win but hoping for upset
    Dragons (h) Dragons win i hope
    Seagles (A) we win
    roosters (A) after yesterdays effort storm win

Storm finish on 42 points

F/A determine the minor premiership.

2. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    Disagree.

I think the shield will be Melbourne's by 2, possibly 4.

We'll beat them at Brookie but they'll beat the Dragons the week before basically sealing the deal. If that happens and we are still 2 ahead of the Broncos before the last round I would send only half our main squad to Brisbane with some of our younger boys. Rest Gifty, Choc and give Lussick and Harrison/Robinson some big game experience.

I don't want the Broncs to win but if there is nothing we can do about them beating us to a pulp for Lockyer, the best we can do is keep the injury and suspension (Matai ;) ) prone at home and get them training for the next week game...especially if we are set to get the Dragons or the Tigers in Round 1.

Second thought, we can't rest Gifty as he's our Dally M hope. Damn it!!

3. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    The onle way the Purples would not get the minor premiership was Titans upsetting them which evaporated the moment Prince got injured.
    As long as the Seaeagles go into the finals with no further injuries we are in a very, very good place......2nd & flying down the outside with 50 to go!!

4. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    love to see the titans get up over them and make last few weeks a little more interesting, now they have a chance to skip up out of the wooden spoon, i think they'll step up.. whether that's enough or not, who knows... the storm probably don't want to be going into the finals on a 13-14 game streak either. love to see them win a tight extra time bashfest against dragons. i'd rather be playing them after a tight win, than a loss

5. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Yes we can. All that matters is the Premiership. Dally M's , Minor Premierships etc are just a bonus if you get them. As long as Manly win the premiership nothing else matters

6. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Bones just reading this thread mate and I'm concerned if we run to finals surely the players will be out of energy. Wouldn't a bus be better ;)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Try telling that to Glenn! :)

8. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,838 / 103
    So, let me get this straight: We tank against Brisbane because they are going to beat us to a pulp? Do we then get the first draft pick like AFL?

Geeze. With confidence like this why not just forfeit the match?

9. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,737 / 257
    Des won't do that, he did in 2007 but didn't in 2008.

I expect a full strength side against the Donkeys and remember "we always win in Queensland...we always win in Queensland" (that part is usually sung by the MWTS in the hallways at Suncorp after each game)