Our Roster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Watching some highlights of games from 2019 and although we’re further along (albeit only by one match) than we were that year, the roster we had looks superior to the one we have now, which I thought was interesting.

1. Tom T (Elliot filled in due to injuries)
2. Taufua
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Walker
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Koroisau
10. Taupau
11. Sironen
12. Thompson
13. Jake T

14. Fainu
15. Keppie
16. Haumole
17. Paseka

1. Tom T
2. Saab
3. Parker
4. Harper
5. Garrick
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Croker
10. Taupau
11. Schuster
12. Haumole
13. Jake T

14. Walker
15. Lawton
16. Keppie
17. Paseka

If we had AFB and a 9 rotation of Koroisau and Fainu, we’d be pretty close to unbeatable, you’d have to think. Of course, it doesn’t tell the full story because the likes of Keppie and Haumole were rookies and barely used. Injuries also meant this side rarely played together (if at all) in 2019 but thought it was interesting to compare and consider what could be if things were/had been different.

That 2019 team has better hookers, everything else is equal or worse.

What excites me is that our 2022 forward pack is shaping up to be even better than this year. We're finally nearly done clearing out the Barrett era dead weight.

How about for '22? With Sione and Alex possibly needing upgrades, maybe Bully and Woods coming... we are a very prop-heavy 30, even if they don't come.

Thompson and Sirro, as a backrow pair, are never winning you any grand finals, and am surprised they got that far in 2019
They were both really strong that year...Thompson’s defence was excellent. Obviously Haumole has a higher ceiling and is performing strongly but his inexperience in week 1 showed and Josh S has been well done of late as the grind of the season catches up with him.

The game is also a very different one to 2 years ago. Someone who may have been a good player then might not be as effective now. It's horses for courses. Having said that you would have to say that if fainu had been playing and continued his upward curve he would probably be the best dummy half in the competition

I get your point on paper Snake but there is an important thing to add.
The decieving part is you see as example Tom T, DCE, Paseka and Walker from 2019....and I think the 2021 versions are so superior it's not the 'same" players....
Tom's is now an elite player in every way including his leadership role and is so prominant, lifts every players around him by 20% whereas the old Tom while great....was nowhere near his 2021 form.
DCE has always been classy imo, even when the knives were out, but has looked lost even back 2019 when he maybe "tries too hard" and did not manage a game as well as the 2021 version.
I think Guoc and Schu a fair bit more upside than the Thompson and Sirro combination.
AFB - well I reckon that bloke was a Monster and potentially still is, but happy with the addition of Aloiai and reckon Paseka is the most improved young front rower in the game and still a rookie.
The 1 and only Fainu is a Massive loss as potentially the premier 9 in the game, but not to be (at this time)...in saying that Croker has been admiral and in fact a very good 9 given opportunity and though not as flashy as Fainu, only Harry Grant would be imo.
The last thing for mine is we are a fair way faster than we were across the park in 2021 and the modern game is dictated so much by this factor, I feel more than ever in the history of rugby league.
Again see the view on paper Snake, but I would back these boys to get them head to head today...

I get your point on paper Snake but there is an important thing to add.
The decieving part is you see as example Tom T, DCE, Paseka and Walker from 2019....and I think the 2021 versions are so superior it's not the 'same" players....
Tom's is now an elite player in every way including his leadership role and is so prominant, lifts every players around him by 20% whereas the old Tom while great....was nowhere near his 2021 form.
DCE has always been classy imo, even when the knives were out, but has looked lost even back 2019 when he maybe "tries too hard" and did not manage a game as well as the 2021 version.
I think Guoc and Schu a fair bit more upside than the Thompson and Sirro combination.
AFB - well I reckon that bloke was a Monster and potentially still is, but happy with the addition of Aloiai and reckon Paseka is the most improved young front rower in the game and still a rookie.
The 1 and only Fainu is a Massive loss as potentially the premier 9 in the game, but not to be (at this time)...in saying that Croker has been admiral and in fact a very good 9 given opportunity and though not as flashy as Fainu, only Harry Grant would be imo.
The last thing for mine is we are a fair way faster than we were across the park in 2021 and the modern game is dictated so much by this factor, I feel more than ever in the history of rugby league.
Again see the view on paper Snake, but I would back these boys to get them head to head today...
Some food for thought...it’s really interesting the evolution of the squad and if anything, next year we should be even better with the added experience and confidence taken from this season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8