Our recruitment priority for 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
Two lightning fast wingers, please.

Our current wingers are slow (Wright), error-prone (Parker), unreliable (Uate), or can't catch (Jorge). Has there ever been a worst bunch of wingers in Manly history?

We would have won 4-5 more games this season if we didn't have reserve-grade wingers (Jorge excluded).

Not sure who we buy ... not many wingers off contract

Suggestions needed.

Our current wingers are slow (Wright), error-prone (Parker), unreliable (Uate), or can't catch (Jorge). Has there ever been a worst bunch of wingers in Manly history?

We would have won 4-5 more games this season if we didn't have reserve-grade wingers (Jorge excluded).

Suggestions needed.

Mate you are spot on....

Suggestions needed.
We have one waiting in Jade Anderson!!!!! Time to give him a go. Also great back up for Tom T if injuries hit. Tevita Funa is another who can play wing.....Anderson is quick as is Funa!!!

I’d love an addo-carr. How good was he in origin? It shows you don’t have to be huge, just fast and skillful and in position.

• 🏆
Reactions: R3
From my calculations we need to replace 6 from our top 30 - Myles, Uate, Lane, Brown, JWright, Croker. Could be a few others as well I guess who might find greatness elsewhere with a new coach or take Politis golf money.

We have two known recruits in Kane Elgey and Ryan’s tip - was it BC or a forward.

So at least four spots to fill. Two outside backs and a tough as nails forward and maybe a player from our development list like Jade Anderson.

I want to see one quality front rower and one backrow worker to add depth and we are desperate for wingers who can deal with kicks and score tries from them.

What I really want to see is some of our younger prospects get a chance otherwise we will lose them, in my eyes Barretts biggest failing was his reluctance to promote and blood enough young players, missed opportunity this year!

We need a gun 2nd rower. Sirro and Thompson have their days, plus Sirro seems to have trouble with injuries, and I know a lot of people love Thompson, but he doesn't quite cut it for me. He's had some good games for us, but I have lost count of the times when watching replays of the opposition scoring tries that he he seems to be involved in missing. He is not on his own there, but we need more from a hardened 2nd rower.

Either of these 2 on the bench with a gun 2nd rower please.
A 5/8 or wishful thinking is Tom Wright ready, or is he better off out wider...
One of those fast gun up and coming fullback/wingers

I dont care if we get Harold Horder and Cec Blinkhorn on our wings.

It wont help us one iota.

If we don't tighten up our defence and slow the ruck down plus get a quality 6 and a centre with at least 75 first grade games under his belt we are looking at spoon prospects again.

PS Kiddies if you dont know those most famous wingers remember "google is your friend".

I gave you a like but I'm not sure that Tom W is a winger

Part of my thoughts about Tom Wright is just getting him into the team somewhere. There is no question about the talent to play anywhere in the back line. He has speed, evasiveness, strength, a good passing game and deceptiveness that makes him a seriously dangerous attacking player. He's a bit patchy with his defence, which tends to be grabby, but I've seen him do some quite remarkable defensive work. Its all about attitude and involvement with this kid. He could be a champion player, a rep player. He could also be a Jarryd Hayne type who often struggles to get involved. I'm hoping a good coach will inspire this kid to stop fiddling around and use his skills more than five minutes a match. If he does, he'll be one of the best.

Last edited:
We need a gun 2nd rower. Sirro and Thompson have their days, plus Sirro seems to have trouble with injuries, and I know a lot of people love Thompson, but he doesn't quite cut it for me. He's had some good games for us, but I have lost count of the times when watching replays of the opposition scoring tries that he he seems to be involved in missing. He is not on his own there, but we need more from a hardened 2nd rower.

Either of these 2 on the bench with a gun 2nd rower please.
A 5/8 or wishful thinking is Tom Wright ready, or is he better off out wider...
One of those fast gun up and coming fullback/wingers

we have signed Kane Elgey ... I don't think we will be recruiting another 5/8

I want Anderson on one wing. Although the club seems reluctant to give him a go. Hopefully he can get a chance.
Barrett may have been reluctant ,but most likely he (Anderson) is one of our cheapest options .So I expect to see him next year along with our cheapest option coach and most likely once Kapow leaves ,our new cheapest option forward.
Good times..
F O P's.......

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8