Our brave boys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I feel like with all the hand wringing that’s gone on over the last two losses, we’ve all lost sight of the fact that we’ve witnessed two exceptional acts of bravery.
Firstly, Brad Parker playing for more than half a game with a broken jaw.
And then that poor little Manase coming on last night with his nose taped to the point where he couldn’t breathe and, not long after, having some thug drop his knees into his already broken nose ... and still going on to play brilliantly despite blood and mucous spurting out everywhere.
Well done you wonderful boys. That’s the Manly spirit!!

I agree, Manase was my MOM for his efforts showing his commitment and pride in the jersey and AFB was a tower of strength along with many others.

I just hope we didn't end up with any more serious injuries, Marty looked a bit wobbly at the end.

Don’t worry Manase next time we play Penrith we will run a train over that player

Plenty of positives and negatives out of the game

Manase welcome to Manly you did well under the conditions really brave :)

Agree 100%. These losses were coming. As much as we should have won with the way we performed with injuries against the Sharks, Bulldogs etc., it seems like our toll has finally caught up with us.

The losses suck, but they aren't the end of the world. Hopefully having DCE, and the Turbos back next week, and no more curses from the footy gods, I reckon we will have a strong finish to the season

Great post BE, there is a future with this current group of players that can win a premiership in a year or so. I be there cheering them on as I was last night and the week before.

Playing so much better under Des than that imposter of a coach that we had.

I must say been disappointed by losing to 2 the bottom teams, but have taken some quality scalps including giving Souths their only loss in 2019.

The Up tempo energitic displays have caught up with us these past 2 games, but have demonstrated enough character to suggest with the addition of the 3 Star players will go into any match back end of season with confidence and yes, agree there have been a few gutsy efforts and this displays the Attitude the side has this season.

In actual fact, even against a half done Penrith side, at 15 - 0 down in recent seasons, Manly would not have found the heart to fight back and make it a 15 - 12 contest.

MfB needs to take an exceptionally long break from the keyboard.

He will be VERY shortly.

I leave next Saturday , away until the end of September.

I’ll be on sporadically , if and when I have Internet.

Almost the whole month of July I’ll be in la la land ( or somewhere).

In the middle of the Kimberley’s actually , bush walking , doing tourist stuff and yes might even get to throw a line in.

Satellite phone only AND Foxtel!!

But def no internet or Silvertails!!

He will be VERY shortly.

In the middle of the Kimberley’s actually , bush walking , doing tourist stuff and yes might even get to throw a line in.

We’ll miss you. Enjoy!

He will be VERY shortly.

Excellent, our chances of making the eight have increased fivefold.

He will be VERY shortly.

Hope your taking the grandkids mate, have a great holiday, you deserve it!

Great thread BE. I really enjoyed the points you raised. I get sick of all the bagging out of our players. As for Thursday night, personally I didn't see any lack of effort. Lack of talent and ideas, yes. All ships sail into troubled waters without their captain. No Cherry, no Jake or Tom and a bunch of no-name kids running around. What can we really expect? Our players have punched above their weight all year and we're really not sitting too badly on the ladder.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8