Other Games [Round 4, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Thursday, March 28
Roosters v Panthers, Allianz Stadium, Nine/Fox, 8pm

Friday, March 29
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs, Accor Stadium, Nine/Fox, 4:05pm
Broncos v Cowboys, Suncorp Stadium, Nine/Fox, 8:05pm

Saturday, March 30
Dragons v Sea Eagles, WIN Stadium, Wollongong, Fox, 5:30pm
Titans v Dolphins, Cbus Super Stadium, Fox, 7:35pm

Sunday, March 31
Warriors v Knights, Go Media Stadium, Nine/Fox, 4:05pm
Sharks v Raiders, PointsBet Stadium, Fox, 6:15pm

Monday, April 1
Eels v Tigers, CommBank Stadium, Fox, 4pm

Saw Keppie, Taupau, Weekes, Hastings and several other ex Manly fringe players all listed in Reserves this week. You could just about form a team with them...not that it would be any good. Mustn't be easy for those 4 players to swallow their pride.

Saw Keppie, Taupau, Weekes, Hastings and several other ex Manly fringe players all listed in Reserves this week. You could just about form a team with them...not that it would be any good. Mustn't be easy for those 4 players to swallow their pride.
Des under the magnifying glass at the Titans, lots of opinions on his coaching coming out through the media this week, most common theme has been he is more a defensive coach who left the attack up to the playmakers.

Des made some staggering decisions in his second stint at Manly, the one that stood out for me was after Guaca made his debut and played very well, Des dropped him for JetSki who was way out of form for first grade.

Marty in reserves then, had to happen, so many young bulls at the Broncs all champing at the bit to play 1st grade.

They were fringe players for us, they're fringe players somewhere else. They've probably found their level

Albert Hopoate is not playing this week. He suffered serious burns to his arm after an oil can exploded behind a barbeque at teammate Corey Harawira-Naera’s house.

Gees you have to be so careful around gas! Hope he gets well soon.

On a much lighter note… how did the steaks end up?

Thats not a try 🤣🤣🤣 nrl really want this to be close dont they. 5 penalties roosters way and bunker confirms the "try" lmao. There is clear separation

Last edited:
Agree, it looked dodgy and deserved much more scrutiny. Farrrkkk I hate the perceived need to manufacture a competition when teams are getting smashed.
Agree, only 2 angles shown on this. When they pull up minute nock on bobbles and let minute bobbles go when scoring trys...mmm..

The obstruction call on Edwards, well, these obstruction calls are getting out of hand now. Now way was he going to get there to make that tackle, not even Saab would get there.
It doesn't seem to matter whether he could get there, he was denied the opportunity, that's the B and White if the rule

That obstruction rule has added a whole new dimension. I expressed acceptance with the rule when the runner is taking advantage of running through the gap when one of the defenders was part of that gap (ala Jake on Sunday)… now, that ruling tonight has brought in a whole new level of WTFery.

Firstly, now we have a single player (fullback) determining a second defensive line. Secondly, it’s not just about the gap where an offender is… Think about it. Fullbacks can now go looking for runners and bouncing into them and automatically get an obstruction call. There is no second defender required to determine the defensive line… it is where ever the fullback decides to be.

It doesn't seem to matter whether he could get there, he was denied the opportunity, that's the B and White if the rule
Know what you're sayin, but, I would like to see a distance rule brought in on these sort of obstruction calls.

Know what you're sayin, but, I would like to see a distance rule brought in on these sort of obstruction calls.
Apparently most of the coaches voted for the B & W rule rather than officials making decisions whether players are fast enough to get there to make the tackle

So, explain the Panthers defensive effort (on Marty I think) that Annesley excused on Monday with the discretion aspect. I had assumed it was because Marty wasn’t part of the gap that the opposition ran through… but apparently not. Marty was clearly obstructed by the runner in the line. Black and White… yet Annesley said it was fine???

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10