Other Games [Round 25, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Eels Loss to Penrith
Return game against Storm a 50/50
The loss of Pappenhausen is being noted by opposition coaches and without the star fullback, are not contenders and the makeshift Munster dropping back increasing expectations on him and weakening the front line - Meaney a neon light who will be under Massive heat
I think Meaney has a lot of potential. He’s not quite there yet, but give him a couple of years.

They've played much better than the Storm. Mind you, they've also had a lot of help on many 50/50 calls. They're not gonna get this kind of help all through the finals, surely.
Yep, my thoughts last night were of Des in a presser..."they were ably assisted by the officials".

Some of the calls weren't even 50/50, sure they played well but....

Eels have a great combo at the play the ball. They get a quick play the ball when they need it. How? They never play the ball properly and dummy half never gets called for a forward pass.

The whole teams looks to have had driven into them in pre season training how to do a roll ball followed by an indifferent wave of the foot. Doesn't bother the refs at all.

Manly are hopeless, but I doubt we'd ever get given the leeway that the Eels get.

Des should do a study of what rules the refs won't enforce. Then Manly should the exploit the max from them. Playing good footy won't win you games in 2022.

Last edited:
Eels have a great combo at the play the ball. They get a quick play the ball when they need it. How? They never play the ball properly and dummy half never gets called for a forward pass.

The whole teams looks to have had driven into them in pre season training how to do a roll ball followed by an indifferent wave of the foot. Doesn't bother the refs at all.

Manly are hopeless, but I doubt we'd ever get given the leeway that the Eels get.

Des should do a study of what rules the refs won't enforce. Then Manly should the exploit the max from them. Playing good footy won't win you games in 2022.
They sometimes do the ‘Crawl against want’ before they get up and play it. The referee allowed them to get away with it vs Manly at Brookvale.

Tedesco in amazing form. Best player in the NRL at present (IMO). Roosters could go far this finals series.

I had to put up with it for SOO because 9 had the gig.
What am I referring too? That bloody spidercam or whatever it’s called
has now made it to FOX. 30 metres in the air, 20 metres behind the play.
The players look like Ants. Piss it off.:swear:

I had to put up with it for SOO because 9 had the gig.
What am I referring too? That bloody spidercam or whatever it’s called
has now made it to FOX. 30 metres in the air, 20 metres behind the play.
The players look like Ants. Piss it off.:swear:
Fox just uses the 9 coverage and adds their own commentators.

As does 9 ( uses Fox) when they do the Sat night games.

Half time announcement breaking news from ‘Brooky’ coming up in 5 minutes

AFB with the high tackle up 26-24 with a minute left to let the Titans level it up, and then the error in golden point to let them win the game. All this talk lately of players who’ve left the club but he’s one I just don’t think about anymore, I’m sure he’s enjoying his big pay packet over there though

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8