Oshay on the move?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member

Manly slugger weighing up Super League move​

Manly's Samoan Test forward Josh Aloiai could be headed for the Super League next season.

Leigh Leopards, coached by former Sydney Roosters star Adrian Lam, are showing interest in the 27-year-old prop.

Leigh are on a high after winning the Challenge Cup Final this year and are looking to boost their playing stocks.

Aloiai has over 130 NRL games to his name with the Tigers and Sea Eagles and has also played five Tests for Samoa.

He played 16 games for Manly this season and is under contract until the end of 2025 but the club is prepared to grant him a release.

The Sea Eagles are top-heavy with forwards after signing Aitasi James (Wests Tigers) and Corey Waddell (Bulldogs) for next season, and Josh Schuster is set to move into the pack from five-eighth.

Manly's Samoan Test forward Josh Aloiai could be headed for the Super League next season.

Leigh Leopards, coached by former Sydney Roosters star Adrian Lam, are showing interest in the 27-year-old prop.

Leigh are on a high after winning the Challenge Cup Final this year and are looking to boost their playing stocks.

Aloiai has over 130 NRL games to his name with the Tigers and Sea Eagles and has also played five Tests for Samoa.

He played 16 games for Manly this season and is under contract until the end of 2025 but the club is prepared to grant him a release.

The Sea Eagles are top-heavy with forwards after signing Aitasi James (Wests Tigers) and Corey Waddell (Bulldogs) for next season, and Josh Schuster is set to move into the pack from five-eighth.
Surely we must be signing a half decent middle if Aloiai is going and lodge not available until mid season. 🤞

Interesting.....like this if true, but only if we sign a better quality replacement.

I don't agree with the article"s quote that the squad is top-heavy with forwards.
I agree about NRL forwards but when you add three top 30 players in (Condon, Fulton and Lawton) maybe we are?

This should have happened after July 2022. It's time for the other Polynesian boys to step into the leadership role that Aloiai played within the MWSE squad. It could really be the making of Haumole, as he would lead the other boys through actions and not just words. It's a great call for the club if it's true.

Last edited:

The ger are silent. I think mole meant Manly slug. This guy has been a major disappointment and waste of cash.

Get a hard bastard like Nathan brown there and maybe with a fit lodge our powderpuff pack might be feared finally.

Cannot see it happening…

Oshay is obviously well-rooted in his community and on good coin til end of next season (which I will be very surprised if anyone meets based on form and injuries last year)…

I could well be wrong but I reckon this only happens if Manly pays the airfares + considerable freight…

The perfect outcome for Manly would be if Aloai does go and I agree he may not be going for 600k in the nrl but the super league is a different market and he maybe seen as one of the best players of the league there so he high chance he could be going for atleast 500k. With this money in the bank Manly should like to sign Ryan Matterson from Parra who is also on 600k and has already had multiple stories on how he wants out of the club since initally not taking the pay cut instead letting down his parra team mates, then dropped to the bench and then the potential swap with addo car.

At Manly Matto gains an advantage by getting to play starting lock as we lack an agile and mobile starting 13, gets to play with his brother Dean and lives in a better area (with a better team). This also allows us to strengthen our props of Jake getting the move into the front row as he now lacks the speed and mobility of the modern day starting lock.

Parra are also keen on freeing up some cash for a quality outside back to replace Sean Russel as their starting winger and letting go of one of their bench forwards for 600k seems to be the perfect way how to. Especially when they still have ofahengaue in their bench forwards to play that middle third roaming lock role for them.
Thoughts?

The perfect outcome for Manly would be if Aloai does go and I agree he may not be going for 600k in the nrl but the super league is a different market and he maybe seen as one of the best players of the league there so he high chance he could be going for atleast 500k. With this money in the bank Manly should like to sign Ryan Matterson from Parra who is also on 600k and has already had multiple stories on how he wants out of the club since initally not taking the pay cut instead letting down his parra team mates, then dropped to the bench and then the potential swap with addo car.

At Manly Matto gains an advantage by getting to play starting lock as we lack an agile and mobile starting 13, gets to play with his brother Dean and lives in a better area (with a better team). This also allows us to strengthen our props of Jake getting the move into the front row as he now lacks the speed and mobility of the modern day starting lock.

Parra are also keen on freeing up some cash for a quality outside back to replace Sean Russel as their starting winger and letting go of one of their bench forwards for 600k seems to be the perfect way how to. Especially when they still have ofahengaue in their bench forwards to play that middle third roaming lock role for them.
Thoughts?
Down side to that is Matterson’s attitude/history.

Down side to that is Matterson’s attitude/history.
Yes but that's another reason why he needs to get out of Parramatta and join a new club because he isn't happy there hence the atittude problem. He needs a fresh start at a new club. Like I know it was only a short video but when he came into Manly to give his speech about Dean making his debut he looked really happy for his brother and around the Manly boys and I feel this would be a great move similar to Brooke's for both parties

471AECE7-67A9-4A38-BD7A-1A9D17865F54.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8