1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orford staying on at Manly

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Stillman, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Stillman

Stillman Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I might be in London but I have just been informed by a real estate mate of mine that the Ox is going over the final paperwork for a house on the Central Coast. Either Florimo has secretly secured the Bears entrance into the 2010 comp or he is staying on in the Maroon and White.

2. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    or he is renting it out while playing super league, then he has a house to return to.

3. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    good god man recognise when you are past your time.

4. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    hahahaha Flip you come out with some gems sometimes

The best way to tell is to watch how he plays against the dogs, if he has a shocker then we know he has re-signed

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    Why is everyone so against him? Can someone remind me of a time when he has been here, that we have languished at the bottom of the table? Seriously - you guys are harsh.

6. brookiegreg

brookiegreg Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Good point Ryan and its great to see Matt Orford coming back into good form and the team with him. If we had JT there would probably be an equal number of knockers. We know that every no 7 goes through their ups and downs  but bloody hell its been agonising watching Orford's form from earlier this year (kicking game etc) Go Matt!

7. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Agonizing is certainly the word.

8. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +491 / 6
    This is hardly compelling evidence of him signing. This would probably be the 10th addition to his property portfolio.

I hope he does stay. Believe me, his kicking game (when it is off) pisses me off to the max but he is the best available option for us at this time. I think the heart and leadership shown by Orford has really developed this season.

9. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    First 8 rounds of this year

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As if we would ever trust anything a real estate agent says.

Two year contract with manly with a one year option and then he will play out his final years with the Central Coast bears in 2012/2013. 

11. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    First 8 rounds of this year
    [/quote]

You beat me to it Fluff. I was going to write pretty much the same thing.

12. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    in all seriousness how does a bloke on half a million a year purchasing a house in his home town as he nears retirement mean anything?