1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optimum number of Captains.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Moondog, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,552 / 32
    I notice that Parramatta have decided to get innovative and go with three captains. This is a step forward as two are obviously better than one, three are bound to be better than two. How long till some forward thinking club decides four is the way to go or even thirteen. Every player could be captain and no one would feel inferior or suffer from low self esteem.

The tyranny of a single captain will be a thing of the past and democracy will flourish in the land of Rugby League. Well done Parramatta!

2. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,355 / 111
    I'd like to see defensive captains as well as offensive captains and a bench captain . Also once you have been a captain you never lose it, the teams just add to it with more captains.

3. Moondog

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,552 / 32
    I don't think we should leave the fans out. The more captains the better.

4. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 57
    Effing rediculous. 1 captain and he should be an 80 minute player. Killer should be our 1 and only captain. Parra are just a joke.

5. Moondog

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,552 / 32
    I've got a feeling Parra will have more captains then competition points this year.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    So our two is more acceptable than their 3? I am all for making fun of parra but....

7. Moondog

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,552 / 32
    I am one of those cantankerous old characters who looks back with fondness to the days of one captain...

8. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    really its just an extension of "the leadership groups". Any system that works for any club is what they should adopt. If i were a fan of a crap club i would like to see them try anything to help improve the situation regardless.

I applaud the efforts to change a system that wasn't working

They havnt recruited any big names that can lead them to change but have lost there most inspirational player In hindmarsh

If it doesnt work and they change back then at least they gave it a go

It's about getting the most of the squad. The more career advancement opportunities people have the better they respond, regardless of the reality. Its a proven method

• Like Like x 8
  9. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    Seems reasonable to me, one captain for the backs, one captain for the forwards, one captain for the halves, all we need now is a captain for the bench!:)

10. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    17 captains pure genius, some ref's only talk to the captain so they'll have no excuse not to talk to players

11. Moondog

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,552 / 32
    I can see where this is heading, they'll need a lot more refs to talk to all the captains.
    And of course someone will have to be in charge of all the captains. Just one bloke. He'll be the General.

12. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,355 / 111
    I think Killer didn't want to do the media stuff but does do the onfield stuff. So two captains share the duties on and off the field.

13. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Great idea. Can see the press interviews:

Defensive captain: Yeah, well it wasn't my fault
    Offensive captain: You journos are a bunch of f*n w*nkers
    Bench captain: Hey you. Move that seat three paces to the left.

14. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    Works for me Rex lol :)

15. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    One captain, one ref please.

Only reason we have 2 refs is that one ref needs to stay focused on the ruck. Get red of the wrestle, clean up the ruck and get back to one ref please.

• Like Like x 1