1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'On your bike, Hasler'

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    TWO-TIME premiership winning skipper Fred Jones has launched a scathing attack on Manly coach Des Hasler, labelling the nature of his defection to the Bulldogs “disgraceful.”

Read the full article

2. cliffylyons

cliffylyons Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    What a crock of ****.

3. Berkeley_Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    why when a MANLY LEGEND comes out and says what he feel is a crock of **** to you

• Like Like x 1
  4. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    What's the difference between Fred Jones and Des Hasler? Fred is a true Manly legend.

5. cliffylyons

cliffylyons Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Let's just say the final straw in Des' fallout with the board is due to them not chasing/ upping a certain players contract. He had long term plans for a few key players, but Manly would have none of it.

Those who talk don't know, those who know don't talk.....

6. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,750 / 258
    That he is!!

7. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,801 / 122
    I wonder how many Manly legends the MD had to contact before finding someone prepared to slam Des?

Fred is an all-time favourite and I respect his opinion because of that but I don't know how closely involved he is with the club these days. It sounds like he was responding to what he's been reading in the media rather than inside knowledge.

8. cliffylyons

cliffylyons Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Thank you! Just remember, all that glitters is not gold.

9. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Those who sold out the game to Murdoch SuperLeague - crippling its future - like say the Bulldogs, are scum through and through. They lack integrity, and are a waste of space.

Being a "Manly" supporter, and not a slimy Bulldog in thin disguise, you'd agree with that "cliffylyons", wouldn't you?

10. Earnie the Eagle

Earnie the Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +359 / 16
    Some posters here need to wipe their chin !![hr]
    Have you read the post re Toovey and where Foz's manager has stated he is staying at Manly...great news, did someone walk in dog poo around here, smells like one, oops I mean it.

11. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,257 / 131
    Which players and who is your source?

12. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Look at the 72 and 73 Grand final wins and then tell me that Fred Jones is a 'crock of ****'. Disgraceful comment. He was captain in both those historic wins. I've been known to be very hard on Orford's playing ability (Captain 08), but have never referred to a Manly player with such disdain. You can disagree with his comments, but he has the right to state them. Just as you do.

• Like Like x 1
  13. anthonyb1965

anthonyb1965 GO Manly Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +504 / 15
    Manly Legend.......without doubt!!!

14. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    His main gripe seems to be Des negotiating his contract prior to the GF. I think all evidence so far seems that is a reasonable assumption to make. He mightn't have agreed before or specifically during GF week, but to think he wasn't speaking to them til after the premiership win is fanciful.

15. brookiegreg

brookiegreg Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Cmon, Fred and Des are BOTH Manly legends thats history and no one can re-write it...

(although maybe rewriting history to suit yourself is part of your trade if you work for the daily terrograph....)

Des has done amazingly well as a player and also as a great coach.

The issue is his defection to the bulldogs, the whys and wheres surrounding it, its effect on everyone's morale and most importantly its effect on the manly players and their morale for the coming year(s).

16. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Des is lower than ribot in my books

To quote Hadley
    G R U B.......... GRUB!!!!!!

17. lloydy

lloydy Active Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Well he's on his bike now, he's sacked

18. Ms Manly

Ms Manly New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Surely somewhere he is accountable and is surely breaching some part of his contract?

I wonder if I went to a competitor of my place of business if I could take all the intellectual property that I wanted and poached half the management team if I indeed would still be holding my position there. I am in no way saying that the Sea Eagles should “Sack” Des Hassler, but surely he is accountable to someone somewhere within the Manly Sea Eagles.

I think Des should still be in the head coaching position……. Of probably the Gatorade bottles for our star players and set him some very high KPI’s in doing so, For example Choc likes 4 bottles in the order of Red, Blue, Yellow and Orange but he will take the orange one first if he scores a try. Foran, well Fozzie likes the Blue one first but likes his name to be written on the bottle and Gorgeous George likes a lucky dip of Gatorade all mixed together.

Seriously has anyone within the Sea Eagles bother to ask Des what the hell is he doing?????????

19. Berkeley_Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    well someone did, how else would they have found out

20. Robbo

Robbo Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Thank God for people like Fred Jones.