Oldest living Sea Eagle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Grand Cannon

By Jake Trbojevic & Barry Ross
Mon 18th August, 03:00PM

Football clubs are founded on their history. Their history helps forge friendships that bonds blokes together for life and memories that last an eternity.

An unfortunate reality with a Club that has lasted for the best part of 67 years is that when you look through the history records, many great players are no longer with us.

But for a former soldier who played in our first ever competition match, the memories and recollections of our innaugural day will never leave him.

His name is Ernie Cannon and he is the oldest living Sea Eagle. He will celebrate his 94th birthday on the 27th of this month.

Read the full article at seaeagles.com.au

Frank said:
Firstly, I didn't know Jake was a journo.

Secondly, the link don't work Jethro.

The link works perfectly for me. :-/

You are clicking on where it says:

"Read the full article at seaeagles.com.au"

(which is the link) aren't you?
aug08_022.gif

Is anyone else having problems getting the link to work?

Oh yeah, and about Jake, he normally writes a bit about the upcoming NSW & Holden Cup matches with the announcement/publication of the weekly team lists on the seaeagles.com.au website.

Jethro said:
Frank said:
Firstly, I didn't know Jake was a journo.

Secondly, the link don't work Jethro.

The link works perfectly for me. :-/

You are clicking on where it says:

"Read the full article at seaeagles.com.au"

(which is the link) aren't you?
aug08_022.gif

Is anyone else having problems getting the link to work?

Oh yeah, and about Jake, he normally writes a bit about the upcoming NSW & Holden Cup matches with the announcement/publication of the weekly team lists on the seaeagles.com.au website.

Sure was. It works now.

Nice story. I wonder if anyone knows how Wally O'Connell is going? Says here he was born in 1923. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_O%27Connell

I think i heard Zorba say on 2KY once that O'Connell molded Fulton who molded Toovey who molded DCE.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8