1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Manly Song Found On YouTube

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by dowdz, Oct 18, 2011.

1. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfhjqWLjGVo[hr]
    Sorry if it is already been done. Was being lazy and thought it would bring a nice change on the forums lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,347 / 111
    I remember hearing this song years ago, Its awesum.

3. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    They should change the start of it from its been won by the Dragons, the Rabbitohs we won't deny to something like....

The Dragons will choke for another 30 years and the Rabbitohs are no chance in hell, they can all kiss the Igor's feathered tail. lahlahlahlahlahlahlahlah......

4. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    Who's the dude on the cover of that song and what jumper is he wearing. Doesn't look like any Manly jumper I know.

5. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    It looks like a Parra jersey to me. Strange!!

6. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,737 / 257
    I remember this song from the 70's, my first Grand Final was 78 and am sure this was played as they ran out (way before Eagle Rock became the norm)

7. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    That song has been on Silvertails for quite some time now on this link http://www.silvertails.net/articles/songs-and-chants . You can also access it via the menu below the Silvertails banner at the top of the page. Go to the "Articles" heading and then select "Songs & Chants".

8. zambuck

zambuck Active Member

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +112 / 1
    this song goes back to the mid 60s and was played at every final and grand final and was used until around late 70s. the player i think was stephen knight a duel international played centres for us, hard as nails and super fit played out his career at manly when this was played at the grand finals it sounded great when all our supporters joined in at the SCG
    which gave out good sound around the arena

9. dowdz

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Thanks Jethro, will search there next time.[hr]
    Thanks for the info zambuck.

10. Boozo

Boozo Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    I know it's old but it's still my favourite. Memories of the 70's when I was converted.

11. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    No worries dowdz and I hope that my comment didn't come across to you the wrong way as I wasn't having a go at you as after reading what I wrote, it could have came across that way. It was meant to be just a general comment to everyone to let them know that the Songs & Chants page was here on Silvertails as some may not even know that that page existed. Amongst the content of that webpage is the Old Manly Victory Song as well as the Manly Victory Chant that the guys do in the shed after a win and a bunch of other chants and an audio and the words to Eagle Rock :)

12. dowdz

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    No mate, not at all. Never even crossed my mind. It was good actually, gives me another part of the site to explore. I am pretty bad and usually just jump on the rugby league bit. Will start to explore the site more me thinks. Thanks again for letting me know :D