OFFICIAL: HASLER SACKED & SEIBOLD NEW COACH

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think you’re reading too much into the media’s(Des) spin on the Trbojevic’s situation.The Trbojevic’s manager works with Des’ manager,so they(Des) drummed up a story to garner support for Des’ retention.Like anyone that loves the club,the Trbojevic’s would obviously not be happy with what has gone on,but to suggest they’d walk out the door because a coach,their 3rd coach in their time in First Grade may I add,has been moved on is just a manager stirring the pot
I think you are missing the point of my comment,no I am not reading anything into it,I wasn't suggesting they would leave(let me know where I did),but if they are unhappy,that shines through at training etc...
If they put their support behind Seibold quickly it will help a lot to unite the playing group,if they do nothing then it gives the media ammunition to try to undermine the playing group.
My comment was about the unity of the playing group,not whether the turbos leave.

OK then. Let's play semantics. A member of his staff knew but didn't tell Des? Why didn't he mention that bit at the press conference?
Now is the time for the record to be set straight and I hope those with the evidence, do so ASAP.
It’s been spoken about before. Football Manager John Bonasera knew, but did not advise Des Hasler. Emails from Bonasera to Hasler have since been released, where he apologises to the latter, for not keeping him in the loop.

The News Ltd crew have been implying that because people inside the Football Dept knew, Hasler must have also known. That sounds like News doing the bidding of Uncle Peter, on behalf of nephew Scott, in attempting to spread the blame for a fiasco of Penn’s own making.

This club is a shambles. Wooden spoon next year looking likely. Trbojevics will want a release Dolphins will win there first game against us.

The reunion of Manly and Hasler was one of convenience for both parties. This one yr finals bound, not finals bound since 2019 has been frustrating but it’s hard to get excited after the last time the Penn family got rid of a club legend and installed TBaz as the next big thing with Seibold as the Defence minister or whatever the journos dubbed him at the time.

All you can do is live in hope that going forward Seibold brings in a good support staff (especially in the fitness and rehab depts), less predictable game plans, and that the players buy into whatever he tries to bring to the club.

As a supporter it has been rock bottom over the last couple of months and will be for at least another 5-6 months. For all of the s**t Des put us through in ‘11 he was always going to be shafted by the Penn family at some stage.

The part that will suck is the ongoing legal battles, players being asked what they think and the media spinning it to suit their narrative. This is a gold mine for the sports sections over the summer.

It’s been spoken about before. Football Manager John Bonasera knew, but did not advise Des Hasler. Emails from Bonasera to Hasler have since been released, where he apologises to the latter, for not keeping him in the loop.

The News Ltd crew have been implying that because people inside the Football Dept knew, Hasler must have also known. That sounds like News doing the bidding of Uncle Peter, on behalf of nephew Scott, in attempting to spread the blame for a fiasco of Penn’s own making.
No offence,but sending an email after the event apologizing means little as evidence.
Particularly when people are going into damage control.

At the very least, he threw the wrong people under the bus before first knowing all of the facts.

At the very least, he threw the wrong people under the bus before first knowing all of the facts.
Not sure why anyone would want to start throwing up speculation about this stuff now. John Bonasera is General Manager of Football at Sea Eagles, he's not a Des appointee he's selected and employed by the club, he's apparently admitted and apologised for not informing Des, which is actually consistent with the leaked emails.
None of matters much now unless people for some reason want to try to paint Des as a liar. I've only ever met him once but he strikes me as highly principled.

Is Siebold the new coach officially? Who are his assistants? Who are his fitness / medical guys? Is Laurie Daley on board now? Is he bringing recruitment staff with him?
If you think about it, the difference between the last Des departure and this is glaring. Last time he took assistants, recruiters, fitness people. This time ... who'd be worth taking?

It's a game: on one hand $0 is unreasonable, and on the other the full $950k is unreasonable... voila $450K !! Who'd have thought?
My old company are masters at it if they want to avoid a payout they go back through their expenses looking for something dodgy.

If you think about it, the difference between the last Des departure and this is glaring. Last time he took assistants, recruiters, fitness people. This time ... who'd be worth taking?
Where would he go? This stint is not a good advertisement... Titans maybe?

Is Siebold the new coach officially? Who are his assistants? Who are his fitness / medical guys? Is Laurie Daley on board now? Is he bringing recruitment staff with him?

Now the coach has been sorted ... I think we will start to see and hear from Mestrov ... the positive onwards and upwards narrative and announcements will commence to spill out of head office ..

This comes across as you doing the bidding for Des. Des the control freak who runs everything didn't get informed of something so important by Bonasera? yep I'm not believing that hopefully Des does go to court and we see the truth.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8