1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Off Season Injury Update

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Jethro, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,841 / 103
    Perhaps I've been too hard on Jorge, claiming he'd never play wing again; his shoulder injury may have prevented him from reaching up and catching bombs.

3. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,085 / 27
    Jorge's been busted all year.

He'll be back with a point to prove next year. You don't go from fringe SOO rep in 2013, to struggling in 12 months for no reason.

Looking forward to the old bullocking try scoring Jorge next year.

4. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,750 / 258
    Personally I think Blair beats any option we currently have for a permanent wing spot, tall, jumps well, reasonably fast, he's no Topou or Sheck but does the job!

5. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,801 / 122
    Nothing about Gift's injury, I guess he's not a Sea Eagle now but it must have been pretty serious so for his sake I hope he's on the mend.

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,116 / 287
    I reckon Gifty will be awesome next year

That being said, Buhrer is amazing as well.

7. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    Any news on Choc's torn bicep?

Going on the assumption that he'll still be here next year.....its refreshing to see an off-season injury update with Snake seemingly healthy.

8. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,750 / 258
    No longer a family member mate, finished up the moment we were knocked out!!

Did you check the Souths website for an update???

9. mike walker

mike walker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 2
    G'day all,Which makes it even harder to understand why we persevered with him for so long when we had two more than capable fit options?
    cheers mike

10. Harry

Harry Active Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    He is all good walking fine

11. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,085 / 27
    I agree Mike. Jorge should have been given the chance to get right. And if it was a season ender, so be it.

It's a bit of an insult to Blair and Gutherson to think that a half fit Jorge would be picked ahead of either of them given how well they played when picked.

12. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,412 / 257
    Part of that is probably Jorge saying he's good to go when he really wasn't. I think players generally feel a responsibility to their team mates to suck it up and get out there which over rides common sense and logic and the need to heal. I know in the past I've seem Choc KO'ed in a game, wave off the trainer and wobble back into the defensive line only to let in a try.