1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NSW'S Origin campaign into turmoil

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, May 1, 2012.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    NSW'S Origin campaign has been thrown into turmoil, with former skipper Kurt Gidley almost certainly out for the season and three other Blues stars suffering injuries in the Knights' big win over Penrith in Newcastle.

Read the full article

2. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,389 / 36
    Gidley doesnt concern me,,,but Jennings and Luke Lewis do

3. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    I actually thought with Gidley out NSW may have a chance lol.

Don't think the other losses are that bad either. Morris for Jennings. Gifty will cover Lewis.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Hardly turmoil. Sounds like Lewis Gets stingers same as Matai. It's painful but it goes. Jennings sounds ok too.

5. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    As long as no Manly players, or any of my Supercoach players are getting injured, I couldnt care less.

6. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    I foresee a problem for Manly, if we now have a mini form surge on the back of getting some stars back. What are the chances that Mr 'Second Guess' Stuart will suddenly decide the best plan is to use Manly's championship team as the base for his NSW side? Suddenly we could have 4 or 5 drafted in, at some cost to our club campaign.

2 x Stewie, T Rex, King ?, Watmough, Wolf, they might even try to get Killer again…

7. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    DCE for Qld is definatly a chance

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    We could be in trouble, lol

9. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    1. Stewart
    2. Uate
    3. Lawrence
    4. Jennings
    5. Hayne
    6. Carney
    7. Pearce
    13. Lewis
    12. Watmough
    11. Gallen
    10. Tamou
    9. Farah
    8. Weyman
    Bench - Soward, Sims, Merrin, Learoyd-Lahrs

If we have Gallen in the second row, we can add a bopper on the bench. The Backrow will play close to 80 minutes. So the only debutants will be the starting props who all can be rotated. T-Rex will get a run in Games 2 & 3.
    For the utility role, I was thinking Hinchliff and Greg Bird but I've gone Soward (reminds me of Craig Wing) because he has been there and can cover 6, 7 & 9. Late in the game will be invaluable with his pace and covers grubbers and bombs that Thurston will put up.

10. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    Soward covering 9 is a big call. He'd have to defend front and centre, not out on an edge. Maybe he could handle it, but maybe not.

11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    I'd rather that Soward never gets near a Blues jersey ever again.

12. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    Yeah true, who else is out there? Hornby?

13. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    Buhrer? Another year or so and he may well get the utilty spot. For now Hinchcliff has the big wrap, haven't watched him so no idea if he deserves it.

14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    If you're going to go with a utility/back up hooker then unfortunately Hinchcliffe is the best we've got.

Can't see any other viable candidates unless Stuart throws a curveball out there.

15. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    If Lewis is playing dont need any other cover as he has 1 - 13 covered

16. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    Yep wer'e f*#?ed.

I dont know whats worse, the forwards or the backs.

17. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    I guess so. Although he may be a bit of a Fancy Dan. Apparently this song was about him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxZiDQ6Iw5s

18. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    LOL - big call is the understatement of the decade.

I have seen him tackle a couple of times this season (that is more than the last few seasons) but I don't think we will ever see the day he makes double figure tackles in a game.

Could he handle it............... errrrr NO!

Biggest laugh I have had in a long time

19. eelcatcher

eelcatcher Active Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0
    Wow this so called turmoil is amusing. Jennings and Lewis are concerns but they can easily be covered. Mason....are they seriously thinking about having him in origin!? Gidley....the Blue's selectors love child...boohoohoo, now they're going to lose a lot of sleep, wake up with headaches, get cranky and make rash decisions now that their love child Gidley is gone! As someone said earlier it would certainly make the BLues much stronger. Buderus is also too old to take the no.9 jersey. What does also concern me is that when we play Drugcastle and Gidley is still injured, it would make the game infinetly harder for us if he's still out.

20. aussie_davo

aussie_davo New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have a curve ball. What about Pearce at hooker and Wallace at half. Id do anything to keep Soward, Ennis and Farah away from SOO. Maybe play Gifty off the bench as the utility. Can cover back row and 5/8 at a pinch. If Wallace or Pearce got injured Gifty could come in and push Carney where to half. Id have a team something like this:

B. Stewart
    B. Morris
    Jennings
    Lawrence / J Morris
    Uate
    Carney
    Wallace
    Weyman
    Pearce
    Tamou
    Watmough
    Gallen
    Lewis

Bench: G. Stewart, T-Rex, Lehroyd-Lahs, J Mannah(been there done that only)