1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NSW forward pack within 2 years

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Beaver boy, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Beaver boy

Beaver boy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +366 / 71
    13. Cordner
    12. Cartwright
    11. Jackson
    10. Trbojevic
    9. ???? Rein/Lichaa/Farah
    8. Woods

14. Merrin, Fifita, Klemmer, Tamou.

All of these players apart from Farah will be under 28 y.old in 2 years. Cartwright is an absolute gem and a moral for Test Jerseys. Jake is a rare breed of skill, endurance and power. What will be of him once he gets his body right ? The sky is the limit.

Add Shaun Lane (Bulldogs) to that list and you have an era of dominance dawning .

2. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,747 / 125
    Cordner? :rofl:

Cartwright maybe. A few more games like Friday night will help his cause.

Jackson yes. Jake definitely and ditto Woods, Tamou and probably Klemmer. And Fifita will probably be there if he ever gets the concrete out of his boots (and stops trying to be funny with his brother on The Footy Show).

Its about time Robbie Farah stuck to playing with the Tigers until he retires. Problem is though, is there a long term replacement or are the hookers going to have NSW singing the blues?

3. ssteacup

ssteacup Active Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 11
    This wont be a popular opinion but I believe Nsw go for bigger type props, Jake may miss out. Look at Aiden Tolman, he churns out the metres and tackles but has never had a look in because of his size, which is around the same as Jake . Reagan Campbell guilard IMO are the type of props nsw go for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    Not sure about NSW going for bigger props, they dropped Fifita for Merrin essentially. Jake will take Merrin's place in 2017. His defence is far better than Tolman (who I rate as the best club workhorse in the comp) which is why he will play origin. Cutting the morons, sorry maroons in half will fire up the boys.

RCG is another young guy looking better each game as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,369 / 57
    Pretty good imo including the Lane call.
    Only 2 I cant see, are Rein - very good out of dummy half but believe there will be better options & Merrin is great at NRL level but feel he will be pushed out of SOO level

6. Rynostradamus

Rynostradamus Active Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 50
    Klemmer
    Licka
    Woods
    Lane
    Jackson
    Cartwright

Jake T
    Tamou
    Hasson (ARTHUR factor)
    Carob (ARTHUR factor)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    Gus Gould is right, there is a good era for NSW beginning right now, the blues pack has really improved and the ageing toads are struggling to keep up, QLD still has the edge out wide for now.

8. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,909 / 27
    Jake T weighs about 106 kgs at present and is still only 21yo ...I'd doubt he's fully matured and will get to at least 110-112.
    I think he will be big enough to mix it with the big boys.

9. SeaEagle21

SeaEagle21 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +870 / 14
    Matt Scott isn't the biggest Prop around, but probably No.1 in the game atm. He is about 106kgs, similar to Jake T