1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nrls new appoach

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by jbb/james, Apr 27, 2015.

  1. jbb/james

    jbb/james Well-Known Member

    +885 / 21
    thr nrl has just finalised a report on fan retention. In its findings they have found the number one gripes concerning fans today. Poor scheduling of matches, poor referees, inconsistent judiciary findings and salary cap inconsistencies head the list. Fans are turning away in droves due to poor management and perceived favouritism

    The nrls plan to drive fans away while succesful, has been very costly and time consuming. An independent review suggests the nrl should be able to exile all fans much quicker and more effectively under a new tactic

    Todd greenberg will be implenting a new tactic in fan erradication starting this week. With rep games approaching the nrl believe this week is a great way to showcase the new plan. From this week the nrl will have busses park putside all stadiums with bus drivers offering any fan $200 and a lift to any place of there choosing to abort matches. There will be specially themed busses travelling to other non related events , beaches and night spots

    The nrls mission to have no fan interested in the game by 2020 is realistic and should save millions of dollars compared to the existing strategy.

    An nrl spokesman declared while the fan findings indicated they were on the money with the current strategy the independent reviews finding clearly defined the cost savings overall for the new approach
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Daddycool08

    Daddycool08 Well-Known Member

    +371 / 4
    Not entirely correct.
    They still want fans.
    But only fans of South Sydney, Dogs, Melbourne and Brisbane.
    If the above is not correct the NRL would not play (perceived) favourites would they?

    I cite the 52nd minute of the Melbourne Manly game as proof. Toufua does not receive a penalty when he is pulled back to the ground whereas Munster receives a penalty for Melbourne when he is pulled back to the ground on the very next tackle after the kick. @:mad:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mark from Brisbane

    Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

    +12,786 / 258
    And following this , said Togg Greenslime on No Real Leadership 180 " we will be introducing our new virtual fan base" meaning every game can be played at one venue thus eliminating much of the set up costs for our TV owners, we just insert the relevant crowd / chants / banners into each game. There's a cost saving to do this as it eliminates the need for security guards to escort the refs off after each game as well, it's going to start as soon as piss off around 90% of fans and then we can tell the other 10% just to **** off"
  4. shawn.b

    shawn.b Active Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

    +54 / 0
    The next step from virtual fans will be virtual teams thus eliminating the need for expensive players, stadiums & TV costs saving the league many more billions.

    In an inspired decision they retain the current referee's to ensure there is no chance of a back flip by any former fans.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. EagleFromMay1967

    EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

    Blue Mountains these days
    +1,212 / 44
    The only way to fix the problems of the game would be to take the current TV stations (Nein, Fox) and all their corrupting money out of the game. Award the contract to Ten, and start over. Players become semi-amateur. Just like how it was in the early 70's. Good period for us !
  6. pjayz

    pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

    +2,364 / 51
    Look, it's quite obvious the NRL are using 'Agile' methodology....duck, weave, avoid..oh and dodge bullets at all costs - one needs plenty of agility for that.
  7. jbb/james

    jbb/james Well-Known Member

    +885 / 21
    Fox are in the process of buying a chunk of ch 10. Most networks have a bit in each camp these days
  8. manlyfan76

    manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

    Anywhere but Parramatta
    +5,365 / 111
    All games live! No delayed telecast.
  9. Jerry1

    Jerry1 Well-Known Member

    +2,470 / 80
    Key parts to the new strategy include bolstering the already successful Manly loading, whereby suspensions & judiciary appearances for certain clubs attract a bonus ban of not less than double regular penalties.

    The Greg Inglis flip commonly known as the tipple milk penalty should be extended to any player within 10 meters of GI whenever he flips himself. This may be extended to Cameron Smith & Billy Slater & can also be applied to all teams subject to the Manly loading.

    Certain clubs have already been exempted from the forward pass but again this may be applied to any club not subject to the manly loading.
    • Like Like x 1

Share This Page