NRL Game Day Experience

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
As we all know, every year, The NRL surveys the fans and members about their experience at a game or games that they attend. The NRL has much to learn from the AFL and other codes in this country.

Today I witnessed a poor woman being forced to tear off an offending label off her water bottle because it breaches the rules, McDonaldslol, What a farce!!

All day the advertising on the boards was McDonalds and as we all know we have one across the road from the ground and we are unable to bring the food into Lottoland cause again it breaches the rules.

Buying food at Lottoland is a rort and unfair on families who are finding it hard enough with ticket prices, parking and food for them. The NRL needs to look at this cause today we had our biggest crowd at Brooky and for most of us it was a brilliant day, the team is going well and it's great to see them play before a decent crowd.

Not having a proper scoreboard is also an issue at Lottoland and that needs attention for next season.

Crowds are down across the NRL in this city and I think that there are reasons for that, that continue to be ignored. It is a competitive environment out there and the fans are voting with their feet.

The ball is in your court NRL!!

The scoreboard will be replaced when the $25 million upgrade happens.

The Council does not want to waste monies on a temporary fix.

The Concession Stands won't allow Patrons to bring in branded products This is the same at all Stadiums.

Mt Smart even forced me to empty the water out of an unbranded plastic bottle @:cool:

The food issue has been ridiculous for a few years now. We've got multiple family members with dietary issues (coeliac disease) that mean they can't eat any of the hot food sold at the ground.

We've been hassled at the gate no matter what we pack for them (and my sister having her Coeliac card with her to show), with idiot security guards deciding that anything in a packet (single serve popcorn, or GF cookies etc) is the evil 'commercial food' and can't be brought in - despite showing him the webpage on my phone, that clearly stated 'commercial food ie Subway, McDonalds, KFC'.

I've seen a kid (about 7 or 8) and his dad forced to chuck their glad-wrapped sandwiches and apples in the bin right in front of us, who knows what the reasoning behind that was.

That said, I do get why they make you tip water bottles out - but it should only be ones without the security seal intact, in case you've put alcohol in them (a 'friend' has snuck vodka into a few places that way over the years @:p).

Oh...and if you wear a big jacket, it's possible to get a fair few Maccas burgers and some servo drinks and snacks into Brookie...those filthy smoker pass outs are a great idea @;)

The scoreboard will be replaced when the $25 million upgrade happens.

The Council does not want to waste monies on a temporary fix.

The Concession Stands won't allow Patrons to bring in branded products This is the same at all Stadiums.

Mt Smart even forced me to empty the water out of an unbranded plastic bottle @:cool:
That is an example of pedantic and petty this has become. Making someone empty a water bottle is laughable when all you have to do is refill it when you get inside the ground. The NRL have much to learn.

That is an example of pedantic and petty this has become. Making someone empty a water bottle is laughable when all you have to do is refill it when you get inside the ground. The NRL have much to learn.

That's the one rule that actually makes a bit of sense - they should have refill stations inside all grounds, incidentally - no way to guarantee it's water in the bottle unless they taste it @;)

And they wonder why crowds are down!

Look, I get the concessions pay for the rights to be there BUT it's a dead set Rort.

I took my Grandkids to a Titans game ( no not Manly) , it's close ( 35 mins) from where I live.

The " cheap" family pass was $80, free park and ride so not too bad so far.

It's a 7.30pm game , so we get there about 6pm so they can eat, you can't take ANYTHING in, so everything has to be bought.

I bloody hate fast food ( with a passion) but there's nothing else available, so we get 2 crappy fish and chips , 2 nuggets and chips , 1 beer, 1 wine, 2 soft drinks , thanks that will be $78!

WTF.......$78 for crap you can put together for $15!!!!!

Gramps, can we get an Ice Cream.....why not I say, oh and can we get some water, yeah no worries I'll get myself another beer.

That'll be $45 thanks.......**** me I wasn't expecting to buy Robina, just get an Ice Cream.

My wife went another time , kids didn't eat the first crap so wanted chips at half time , and another drink.....there's another $30.

That's it, not taking them again, cost me at least $250 for the night.

It's a bloody RORT!!!!!

Foxtel, and 3 x $5 Domino's Pizza and water from the tap at home next time!

PS: yes I did my survey and this is what I said!

Last edited:
Deadset, the food and beverage experience for fans at Lottoland is like a time warp from 1986. I don't think it's improved since then. You can wait 20 minutes to buy a soft drink. Very embarrassing.

Gee, I miss the days when you could take cans of coke in.
I was a printer and we use to print our own coke can labels on sticker paper. Buy a cartoon of beer and put the coke stickers on the cans. The security would look in our esky and wave us through.
I remember during the 90's I took my kids to a game at Belmore. Family tickets were cheap and you got a can of coke and a snag on a slice of bread included. The kids spent most the lower grades riding various carnival rides behind the grand stand.
It was a decent value day out.

Now I usually go to a pub first, have a steak and chips and a few beers then maybe 1-2 beer at the game which works out a lot cheaper and a lot better quality than buying cold food and warm beer at the game while missing 20 minutes of the game.

In the last 5 years I reckon I've bought one coffee at Brookie and that's it.

I get a feed at either the leagues club (steak sandwich is a ripper) or go to the chicken place on the corner.

You're only at the game for a couple of hours.

It used to be against the rules to take snacks into the movies. Then families stopped going altogether. Eventually, the cinemas relaxed the rules when it started hurting the bottom line.

One day clubs and the NRL might work it out.

I am a member of the Carlton Blues and when I see them play in Melbourne, the match day experience is really good, food is much cheaper there and you can buy a ticket for the game with a seat under cover for no more than 22 dollars. The AFL a few years ago did something about their game day experience after so many complaints about food and tickets, the NRL need to get their act together as our crowds are falling in Sydney especially. The AFL understand their fans and the NRL ignore their fans!

Just on this, but more Leagues Club related....

Normal Sunday the bistro opens at 11:00am according to the website.
But on gamedays they don't open until 11:30 am.

In all seriousness, when NYC kicks off at 11:45 am, it doesn't seem like a good business decision to open the bistro for lunch a mere 15 mins before the first game.

Is it any wonder they are struggling. Surely anyone with half a brain would be opening earlier if anything to make some lunchtime $ off the earlybird fans?

Anyway, it does all add up to the game day experience.

Just went to Wimbledon. No queue jumping. I was 1169 in the queue to get in. You can walk off and go to the toilet. The wimbledon radio was playing all the way through keeping you entertained. Food stalls on the way cooking up hamburgers and fish and chips, no problems. Take any food in,just had to make sure the drink bottles had a cap on in it. Marshalls all the way along, advising what is on, times of games,answering questions and talking tennis.
Also went the oval to watch a t20 game. Packed. No problem getting there nor leaving. Had a soccer feel to it. The food options were brilliant. No problem getting gluten free which was probably the best as they were cooked fresh.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8