NRL Fox Round 1 team predicton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
SEA EAGLES V EELS

Sun 05 Mar 2017, 4:00pm, Brookvale Oval

Sea Eagles: 1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Matthew Wright 4. Dylan Walker 5. Akuila Uate 6. Blake Green 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Brenton Lawrence 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Nate Myles 11. Curtis Sironen 12. Martin Taupau 13. Jake Trbojevic. Interchange: 14. Jackson Hastings 15. Addin Fonua-Blake 16. Shaun Lane 17. Lloyd Perrett

Notes:

* Star recruit Blake Green slots in at five-eighth, with Apisai Koroisau to play hooker and Matt Parcell (Leeds) released.

* Dylan Walker replaces Jamie Lyon (retired) at right centre.

* Matthew Wright is favoured to win the centre spot of Steve Matai (expected to retire), but he faces competition from Jono Wright and Brian Kelly.

* How Manly’s forward pack will look for round one is anyone’s guess given high player turnover, but we have recruits Curtis Sironen, Shaun Lane and Lloyd Perrett earning spots following the exits of Jamie Buhrer, Siosaia Vave, Josh Starling, Feleti Mateo, Blake Leary, Luke Burgess, Nathan Green and Tom Symonds.

Injuries/suspensions:

* Jake Trbojevic and Nate Myles miss the All Stars through injury.

* Jackson Hastings (ankle) missed the Auckland Nines but is expected to be fit for round one.

* Darcy Lussick (wrist) will miss at least the first five games.

* Brett Stewart (knee) and Steve Matai (neck) are expected to retire.

* Matthew Wright (fractured hand) should be right for the start of the season.

* Pita Godinet (concussion, final trial) went down at the Nines.

* Dylan Walker (calf) picked up a minor injury at the Nines.

Eels: 1. Bevan French 2. Semi Radradra 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Takairangi 5. Josh Hoffman 6. Clinton Gutherson 7. Corey Norman 8. Tim Mannah 9. Cameron King 10. Nathan Brown 11. Manu Ma’u 12. Beau Scott 13. Tepai Moeroa. Interchange: 14. Kenny Edwards 15. Suaia Matagi 16. Sosaia Vave 17. Frank Pritchard

Notes:

* Clinton Gutherson is being groomed to play five-eighth following the exit of Kieran Foran (Warriors).

* Bevan French takes the fullback spot of Michael Gordon (Roosters), with recruit Josh Hoffman (Titans) slotting in on the wing.

* Cameron King has been heavily-backed to score the starting hooker spot, with coach Brad Arthur claiming he would prefer an 80 minute hooker to rotate four big-men on the bench.

* Recruits Nathan Brown (Rabbitohs), Suaia Matagi (Panthers), Sosaia Vave (Sea Eagles) and Frank Pritchard (Hull FC) add serious size and aggression to the pack.

Injuries/suspensions:

* Corey Norman (hamstring) missed the latter part of the Nines with a minor injury.

* Kenny Edwards (calf) couldn’t finish the Nines.

* Semi Radradra and Kenny Edwards both have impending court dates on domestic violence charges.

Could be pretty close to the mark their Bozo .... I'd like to see what Charlie Faianga has to offer as Lloyd Perrett didn't impress at the 9s looked a bit slow & disinterested ... while Darcy is out we look stretched for a strong prop and Matt Wright will probably be picked for his goal kicking although I think Brian Kelly or Brad Parker should get the centre gig ... imho

I still think Kelly will start at centre, he was lured from the titans with the promise of playing NRL and Uate didn't join us to continue in NSW cup either.

I can understand going with experience until Lussick returns but would not be surprised to see AFB start to add some size.

Brown is the missing name, wont be surprised to see him in the 17 for round 1.

I still think Kelly will start at centre, he was lured from the titans with the promise of playing NRL and Uate didn't join us to continue in NSW cup either.

I can understand going with experience until Lussick returns but would not be surprised to see AFB start to add some size.

Brown is the missing name, wont be surprised to see him in the 17 for round 1.
On what grounds can you see Brown in the 17 ?

I really liked the look of Kelly. I rewatched our games and thought he not only knows how to find the line but can ball play and grubbered - which is what you want. Someone with a bit of creativity down the edges. His defence was solid also which is key.

I love the comment in the article that Matt Wright faces competition from Jono Wright - ahh not so much... in fact not at all.

Also, Siro was excellent in attack, his passing and creativity was great. He looked very sharp with the ball and ran good lines - nice and hard. People are concerned about defence, but that will improve in the 13 man game. He is a must starter for me and will give us similar creativity to when gifty was fit and playing on the edges.

Last edited:
That team is very close to the mark.

I still think Kelly will get the centre position, espically given wright is recovering from a broken hand.

Other than that its pretty close to the mark, pending lussick's return who will eventually slot back into starting prop and one of Perrett/Lane/AFB to drop off (injury will prob make that decision for us).

That team is very close to the mark.

I still think Kelly will get the centre position, espically given wright is recovering from a broken hand.

Other than that its pretty close to the mark, pending lussick's return who will eventually slot back into starting prop and one of Perrett/Lane/AFB to drop off (injury will prob make that decision for us).
AFB won't be dropping out unless injured. His star is rising for sure. I'd say Perrett and Lane will need to really come out firing if they are going make the 17 and stay there.

Eels predicted 17 looks strong. we will probably have to target Gutho, keep running our giants at him as much as possible.

IMO
Frankenstein in for Perrett
Kelly in for Wright
Isn't there someone else for either Taufua or Uate
Nate Myles OMFG if we need to start with him we are in sh.t

I'm still hoping that Matai achieves full fitness. I like what I've seen of Kelly, but I would prefer him on the wing at this stage. Matthew Wright to me weakens our backline. We need pace, flair and or power out there. I'm also wondering if Hastings is in line for hooker given he's also a goal kicker of some repute.

Sironen. One R.
Thanx Frank
spelling.gif

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12