NRL Finals VS AFL Finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Billy Slater said last night, living in Melbourne they get tips from AFL teams on contesting the high ball & such, which was evident in Munster's confident catch of the ball in the last minute of last nights game against the Bovine people.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/gws...l/news-story/060279296ea74cafe4db39d0843afaa9

Just thought I'd bring this up, as this forum has had massive issues with playing games at the sfs.
The afl has allowed the giants to host their prelim final at spotless stadium (25,000 capacity) and basically told the pissed off Victorian clubs to deal with it. Huge call and we'll see how this goes, but I like the move from the afl. Far cry from the nrl who yesterday made two western Sydney teams play in Eastern Sydney.

The NRL have no flexibility about finals venues unless your team resides outside NSW. 60K V 22.5K is a damming statistic. Greenturd and the NRL caught asleep on the job yet again.

I think where the Nrl falls a little short is the play the ball area, where players are in that much of a hurry to play the ball quickly that they just roll it under their legs and the ref turns a blind eye.This alone is not good for our game and makes it too easy for attacking players to get on top and it becomes a back and forward romp rather than a game of league.Whatever happened to the rules in this regard and if this is fixed then there would be less frustration in the play the ball resulting in less errors.A team should have to earn a try rather than have it handed to them in this regard.The Nrl does not need a new image,it needs to get rid off one.

The play the ball and players just rolling it through their legs was supposed to be one of the big targets for the referees this year. We were told at the start of the year that the NRL would be cracking down on it hard.

That lasted all of about 2 weeks before it was (as usual) dropped like a bad habit for the next flavour of the month ruling they wanted to crack down on. Players, including some from Manly (Tommy is one of the worst for it) have been getting away with it all season. Nothing has changed.

The problem with rugby league, or more to the point the NRL, is that it is becoming over officiated. Its becoming more and more like the NFL with refs and video replays taking up as much time as the game itself.

I know I'm in the minority here but this topic just makes me ... SIGH..

Sometimes I think everyone on this website hates the NRL. If you dislike it soo much then stop watching it and stop coming on this site.

I don't think this is an AFL site ?

Ah, you must be a young'un. Over time, you will learn that putting your head in the sand never solves a problem.

The AFL have run their competition and finals series better than the NRL from as far back as 1981, which is when I first took interest in what AFL was all about. More professionally administered, better entertainment, big club membership and crowds, better fan engagement.

At the end of the day, the NRL is in direct competition with the AFL and Soccer for the hearts and minds of all sports supporters, and are making fools of themselves while the other codes grow.

What normally happens in business, is that you keep at least half an eye on the competition, learn from the good ideas, and avoid repeating the bad decisions. Unfortunately, the NRL administration is either arrogant at worse, or stupid at best. At least stupidity can be rectified by giving Greenburg and Co the arse. Arrogance is a more serious character flaw.

Last year my wife and I were at Olympic Park for a concert.
We had time to kill so went there early and there was a GWS game on at Spotless.
It was halftime in the game and we were outside the ticket box deciding if it was worthwhile paying 27 bucks to go in.
Before we decided, a GWS official came up to us and gave us 2 free tickets. Last Saturday I went to my 3rd ever game of AFL between the Swans and GWS.
It was so good I will go back in two weeks instead of going to the Cronulla semi final.
It would be a different story if Manly were playing though.

Ah, you must be a young'un. Over time, you will learn that putting your head in the sand never solves a problem.

The AFL have run their competition and finals series better than the NRL from as far back as 1981, which is when I first took interest in what AFL was all about. More professionally administered, better entertainment, big club membership and crowds, better fan engagement.

At the end of the day, the NRL is in direct competition with the AFL and Soccer for the hearts and minds of all sports supporters, and are making fools of themselves while the other codes grow.

What normally happens in business, is that you keep at least half an eye on the competition, learn from the good ideas, and avoid repeating the bad decisions. Unfortunately, the NRL administration is either arrogant at worse, or stupid at best. At least stupidity can be rectified by giving Greenburg and Co the arse. Arrogance is a more serious character flaw.
Yep,I have always said in business that you can educate someone who is not smart,but you can't educate an idiot.:)

The AFL has always done their finals better than the NRL.

The best thing they do is that television does not dictate game times or who plays on what day. The AFL sets the schedule and Channel 7 just have to broadcast it.

Big difference to how Nein basically sets the schedule.

I'm not saying the NRL doesn't need to do a heap better. Esp at finals time, and the battle for the west.

I'm not even saying the AFL doesn't do things a lot better in some areas. For heaps of years.

All I'm saying is this years NRL to ratings are up more than 10% and it's still around. I believe it will be and there's room for both sports.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8