Now for the reality check!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
@Technical Coach and I got into a bit of unneeded argy bargy last night and whilst I’ll stand by what I said as to his statements straight after a win which I strongly thought should have been left to later in the week he did have some very valid points as to the performance.

He’s far better at the technical stuff than I ever could be , so yes despite the disagreement I still value his opinion ( although not always do I agree ).

To me it was a vast improvement and I think should do ( if nothing else ) our confidence wonders as we move through the season.

Nevertheless the fact we were so **** in the first month against 3 of the contenders does show that we are a long long way from being competitive week after week.

So everything that I’ve read in the last 6 months does still ring true , we still need a mild clean out AND I still don’t believe Des is the one to take us forward in this modern game.

This weeks game will be a reality check against a side that’s going quite well and have added some real firepower to their armoury , our performance in Mudgee will probably tell us a lot more of where we are now than last nights game.

It was an improvement last night, but vast may not be the right adjective.

Warriors weren't that great so I'm not taking a lot out of that game. At least we tried something different (early kicking plan) which shows someone is thinking. But we are still a bottom 4 team in my opinion. Let's see what spark Tommy can add. I think our middle forwards are going Ok as a unit and are holding their own in recent games. That's a positive.

It would be a very different side with just Finau and Turbo dropped in and playing well. Everything goes thru the 9 and in turn the teams tempo so to have part time average joe playingbghere kills us.
And Turbo is just turbo. Look at RTS last night. Whenever he got the ball we stood off and panicked. Top players do this to oppositions which is why when they are out teams generally struggle.

Warriors weren't that great so I'm not taking a lot out of that game. At least we tried something different (early kicking plan) which shows someone is thinking. But we are still a bottom 4 team in my opinion. Let's see what spark Tommy can add. I think our middle forwards are going Ok as a unit and are holding their own in recent games. That's a positive.
I had the exact thoughts.Middle forwards are fine,only issue is their consistency,making sure that if 1 or 2 are flat the other 3 or 4 are carrying the load.I see the biggest issue for Foran and DCE,apart from his tendency to over play things when he’s out of form,is they don’t have decent backrowers or centres outside them.None of them are strong hole runners or creative(not putting Schuster in that category as he’s only just learning the position and he at least is a threat)When Manly were successful,they had rep back rowers and centres ,the current crop would struggle to represent Group 10.Hopefully Olakau’atu is given his chance

It would be a very different side with just Finau and Turbo dropped in and playing well. Everything goes thru the 9 and in turn the teams tempo so to have part time average joe playingbghere kills us.
And Turbo is just turbo. Look at RTS last night. Whenever he got the ball we stood off and panicked. Top players do this to oppositions which is why when they are out teams generally struggle.
Plenty of fanfare for Tedesco and Papenhuyzen the last few years but not sure I’d pick either over RTS,he’s such a brilliant professional player that has led that club so well.Rugby are getting a beauty

Yes maybe vast was too strong , perhaps “ a noted improvement “ would be better.

We won by one point against a depleted warriors and people are forgetting everything, we still need a clean out, Des still needs the boot. It’s good to get a win but nothing has changed tbh
Attitude changed,a glimpse of a game plan,Manly has as many out as the Warriors,including mid game casualties and we no longer have to deal with Walker at the back,I think that’s a start.But yes,some have to go

We won by one point against a depleted warriors and people are forgetting everything, we still need a clean out, Des still needs the boot. It’s good to get a win but nothing has changed tbh
We were missing more than them and also missing important players.
Consider this...
Turbo, Suli, Fainu, Lawton, Cust, Davey, Olakau-atu, Siro. Also lost Gosiewski and Walker mid game. It was a gutsy and inspiring win!
Even if we just replace Taufua, Croker and Gosiewski I think that is a decent clean out especially if Fainu is cleared and Turbo injury free.
Guys like Olakau-atu and Schuster will also get extended game time. I've been saying all along we aren't really that far off. You take 10 1st graders out of any team and they would struggle... especially the calibre of players we have on the sideline.
Take Teddy, Kerry and Manu out of Roosters.
Take Munster, cheese and Pap out of storm.
Take Wighton, Hodgson and Klokstad out of Raiders.
You get my drift, whilst we won't win the comp this year, things are definitely building nicely for next year and the near future. A bit of momentum and belief with some luck and we could all of a sudden be a top 4 side next year! Its that simple

So... Manly aren't losing their licence just yet? Good to know! ;)
Honestly you’d be stupid to think that long term the NRL doesn’t want less sides in Sydney and more in other states.

And the ones they pick to find would be basket cases not successes.

Not out of the woods just yet !!

Get us some quality in FB and Hooker (1/2 x spine)
Haumole into 2nd row.
Confidence building in both halves.
Keep them forwards going forward and hitting harder.
Can come home strong.
(Not sugar coating ,I dont think we will beat the top 6 teams ,but hopefully can compete with the rest).

Last edited:
I found it most interesting last night listening to Cooper Cronk in the pregame show.

He pointed out exactly where we’ve been falling down , and with the cattle we have how to turn that around.

And then went on to what DCE had to do.

And guess what ??

It’s pretty much exactly what happened.
  • The forwards had a crack and owned the middle !!
  • The team worked harder to fix those little 1% issues
  • And DCE didn’t spend the whole game worrying about the rest of the team just gone on with running and kicking,
You can dislike Cooper , but I’ve met him and he’s actually a very nice guy , not in any way up himself , and there’s no doubt in my mind he knows the game very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
IuNv.gif

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11