Not Square At Marker ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
image.jpg
This rule does my head in. Seems like if a marker happens to be quick enough to intercept the dummy half as he attempts to pinch 10 cheap metres, they automatically get pinged for being offside.

The first marker in the photo below gets penalised for this very thing. I must be stupid or I simply don't understand the rules.

View attachment 3441 This rule does my head in. Seems like if a marker happens to be quick enough to intercept the dummy half as he attempts to pinch 10 cheap metres, they automatically get pinged for being offside.

The first marker in the photo below gets penalised for this very thing. I must be stupid or I simply don't understand the rules.

Does my head in. Some refs have no idea. The tigers were on top forcing the play, dominant tackling and then get penalised for that. To make it worse they cop another 2 penalties after that and parra final score and the game changes on its head.

Does my head in. Some refs have no idea. The tigers were on top forcing the play, dominant tackling and then get penalised for that. To make it worse they cop another 2 penalties after that and parra final score and the game changes on its head.

Ill order you one of those tin foil hats I have as well.

Just another one of those discretionary rules that helps the refs determine the result.

The big one is holding down too long - you often see one team given a lot more leeway than the other.

Oh yeah, its so frustrating as well when Manly get penalised for a flop or wrestle yet other times in the game its let go. I know its hard being a ref but those penalties on the 4th tackle especially if your side is absolutely dominating in the tackle and then are penalised for a very soft or 50-50 penalty can be massive in a game. Getting continued repeat sets of penalties is huge. Sometimes i wish they would just let the boys sort it out and let the best side win. Unless of course its blatent holding down or second tackle - fair enough, but so often they are very soft nothing penalties that could of been pulled up numerous times in the game.

So you can join me in the conspiracy crew!!

I reckon the NRL are dictating the results and there's two types of penalties that can be given almost every time!!

Parramatta got a few of them today !!
I just hate it when the refs have more of a say in the result then the players. Yeah i hate parra and wanted the tigers to win but some of those soft get out of jail penalties that were award to parra when tigers were dominating were hard to watch. Just let the players sort it out on the field.

Just another one of those discretionary rules that helps the refs determine the result.

The big one is holding down too long - you often see one team given a lot more leeway than the other.
Hand on the ball in the ruck is another one. You'll see one side do it multiple times in the same set them the other team do it once and they're penalised.

..it happens
Plenty of times these infringements change a game....
Actually thought Tigers just lost playing direct which game them extra room against Manly round 2.
Agree that poor decisions in the ruck change a game but.... If a team is dominating defence....or....winning a quick play , will decide itself.

Yep, look at Gutho near the end on Rankin - Parra were shot and he holds down forever - penalty only instead of 10 in the bin, he effectively gets rewarded as Parra can reset their line.

Then in tonight's game Chambers gets 10 in the bin for nowhere near as bad - it was only early in the game about 10 mins in.

I know it's different refs but they are massive calls.

Yep, look at Gutho near the end on Rankin - Parra were shot and he holds down forever - penalty only instead of 10 in the bin, he effectively gets rewarded as Parra can reset their line.

Then in tonight's game Chambers gets 10 in the bin for nowhere near as bad - it was only early in the game about 10 mins in.

I know it's different refs but they are massive calls.

And inconsistent!!

Fifita got penalised tonight for the same thing. And it was worse than the one I posted a photo of above.

He was literally standing at marker for two seconds before the ball was played.

I just shook my head.

Last edited:
View attachment 3441 This rule does my head in. Seems like if a marker happens to be quick enough to intercept the dummy half as he attempts to pinch 10 cheap metres, they automatically get pinged for being offside.

Agreed and especially since the eels player ran to the tiger's left, so if anything being perfectly square at marker would have made it easier for him to tackle.

That, plus the try that mad marcus said (above) menat eels continue to get the rub of the green.

Actually when foz had cramps towards the end of the game I was surprised they stopped the match to wait for little fozzie to get his drinks and pills. does this usually happen? I thought play goes on. Maybe foz is now the gi/smith/thurston untouchable crew?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6