1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Square At Marker ?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by simon64, Mar 28, 2016.

1. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,073 / 26
    image.jpg This rule does my head in. Seems like if a marker happens to be quick enough to intercept the dummy half as he attempts to pinch 10 cheap metres, they automatically get pinged for being offside.

The first marker in the photo below gets penalised for this very thing. I must be stupid or I simply don't understand the rules.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    GI does this all the time, as he gets up he reaches out past the marker and places the ball then stands up - he gets the penalty even though it was him pushing the marker to the side @:mad:

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  3. Rusty Cage

Rusty Cage Active Member

Ratings:
    +285 / 9
    Further more Tigers had the eels on the back foot after a couple of good sets and an early kick...... and then the obligatory get out of trouble penalty.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,803 / 53
    Just another one of those discretionary rules that helps the refs determine the result.

The big one is holding down too long - you often see one team given a lot more leeway than the other.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Simonmyers11

Simonmyers11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,025 / 96
    Does my head in. Some refs have no idea. The tigers were on top forcing the play, dominant tackling and then get penalised for that. To make it worse they cop another 2 penalties after that and parra final score and the game changes on its head.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,693 / 256
    Ill order you one of those tin foil hats I have as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Simonmyers11

Ratings:
    +2,025 / 96
    Oh yeah, its so frustrating as well when Manly get penalised for a flop or wrestle yet other times in the game its let go. I know its hard being a ref but those penalties on the 4th tackle especially if your side is absolutely dominating in the tackle and then are penalised for a very soft or 50-50 penalty can be massive in a game. Getting continued repeat sets of penalties is huge. Sometimes i wish they would just let the boys sort it out and let the best side win. Unless of course its blatent holding down or second tackle - fair enough, but so often they are very soft nothing penalties that could of been pulled up numerous times in the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Simonmyers11

Ratings:
    +2,025 / 96
    Tin foil hat? What for?

9. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,693 / 256
    So you can join me in the conspiracy crew!!

I reckon the NRL are dictating the results and there's two types of penalties that can be given almost every time!!

Parramatta got a few of them today !!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Simonmyers11

Ratings:
    +2,025 / 96
    I just hate it when the refs have more of a say in the result then the players. Yeah i hate parra and wanted the tigers to win but some of those soft get out of jail penalties that were award to parra when tigers were dominating were hard to watch. Just let the players sort it out on the field.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Simonmyers11

Ratings:
    +2,025 / 96
    I thought the cows were robbed on Friday night, but in saying that, we got lucky with the roosters...very lucky with that no try. Although the penalty count against us got the roosters into that position. Very questionable penalties for hand on ball and late tackles

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +644 / 6
    Thurston thinks they have been robbed even when they win:)

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Pablo

Pablo Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,341 / 15
    Hand on the ball in the ruck is another one. You'll see one side do it multiple times in the same set them the other team do it once and they're penalised.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,344 / 56
    ..it happens
    Plenty of times these infringements change a game....
    Actually thought Tigers just lost playing direct which game them extra room against Manly round 2.
    Agree that poor decisions in the ruck change a game but.... If a team is dominating defence....or....winning a quick play , will decide itself.

15. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +795 / 7
    Yep, look at Gutho near the end on Rankin - Parra were shot and he holds down forever - penalty only instead of 10 in the bin, he effectively gets rewarded as Parra can reset their line.

Then in tonight's game Chambers gets 10 in the bin for nowhere near as bad - it was only early in the game about 10 mins in.

I know it's different refs but they are massive calls.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,693 / 256
    And inconsistent!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rusty Cage

Rusty Cage Active Member

Ratings:
    +285 / 9
    Cowboys the best at giving away penalties to get themselves out of trouble on the opposition line. Roosters previous to them. Rarely see a sin bin.

Oh, that's right, Paul Green was assistant coach at the roosters....

18. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,073 / 26
    Fifita got penalised tonight for the same thing. And it was worse than the one I posted a photo of above.

He was literally standing at marker for two seconds before the ball was played.

I just shook my head.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  19. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,803 / 53
    While we're at it I've seen tries like the Eels' one tonight disallowed plenty of times too on the basis that the player lost control of the ball...

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,776 / 58

Agreed and especially since the eels player ran to the tiger's left, so if anything being perfectly square at marker would have made it easier for him to tackle.

That, plus the try that mad marcus said (above) menat eels continue to get the rub of the green.

Actually when foz had cramps towards the end of the game I was surprised they stopped the match to wait for little fozzie to get his drinks and pills. does this usually happen? I thought play goes on. Maybe foz is now the gi/smith/thurston untouchable crew?