1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No to Maloney and Snowden.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Snake, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,522 / 134
    After tonights matches, I hope we steer clear on Maloney and Snowden.

Maloney blinked on the 4th tackle and when rushed, still attempted a miracle field goal, before a poor one on miss on Ben Hunt for the Broncos match winner.

Snowden featured in an error riddled and ill disciplined performance against the Sharks of all teams. He was poor, giving away penalties, dropping balls cold, and going in soft in D.

No thanks!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gib the Pom

Gib the Pom Active Member

Ratings:
    +194 / 2
    Surely they can't be judged on one performance?

Regardless of whether you would have them or not?

3. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    WTF I didn't know Edward Snowden was available

• Like Like x 2
  4. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,792 / 58
    He's rumoured to be replacing Zorba.

• Like Like x 3
  5. robbiea

robbiea Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,598 / 63
    Gold..
    Fati leaks

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    more the NFI instead of the NSA

• Like Like x 1
  7. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,348 / 111
    So thats where the russian brides are coning form. SNOWDEN!

8. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,407 / 257
    If we get Edward Snowden THAT should stop the leaks right?

• Like Like x 2
  9. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    A big YES to Maloney for me.Clearly the best option available.To pick a couple of incidents out of one game of a blokes career to judge him Is absolutely ridiculous..I could pick out of the same game his great short kicking game for the night and him pointlessly beating Hunt for a try .and that doesn't mean he's a great player on one game only as well.

As for stupid field goal attempts have a look at Hunt and Pearce in the same game and almost every other half except Hodkinson and definitely including our 1. 5 million dollar man.In general Rugby League players are extremely ordinary in terms of the one pointers.

How about looking at his career instead.Was recruited by the Warriors after being stuck behind Cronk and Co at Storm and was a big part in getting them to a GF in 2011.Went to the Roosters and with SBW (and Steggles))he was vital in getting them up in the second half in the GF in 2013.Two under performing teams recruit him and basically straight into GFs after recruiting him.

A couple of other pluses are his fantastic goal kicking and the fact he is a joker and a pest.Fans hate him when he is in the opposition but in my experience those sort of players are great for team morale and don't we need some of that.Depends on his asking price of course but he is clearly the best available option.Even at 800k he is still half a million cheaper than the million dollar babies.

• Like Like x 5
  10. JenEagle

JenEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,631 / 45
    I would sign him. He has a lot of experience. His defence is suspect though and he is no dce in attack

11. SeaEagle21

SeaEagle21 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +869 / 14
    Sounds like a like for like swap for Foz, seriously though someone with his experience plus a young up an commer would be the best option. We don't have the tight fwd pack we used to that protected foz and dce when they were starting out so two inexperienced halves wouldn't be the best for us at this stage.

All i can think about is Elgey coming down here, we make him into a great player then in four yrs GC come calling again and he goes as he seems to like the GC

12. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    I rate DCE as a player but given the last 12 months I don't think his attack outshines Maloney by much at the moment.His defence on the other hand is streets ahead of Maloney.DCE is a better player than Maloney but he also costs half a million more lol.
    We can't get caught up in comparing everyone to a great young player like DCE though.He is gone.It is now a matter of picking the best available option from within or by recruitment.

13. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    The thing that concerns me about Maloney is his motivation.

At his age and with the career highlights he as would he be interested in taking a leading role in a major rebuild? He never really strikes me as an on-field leader, he tends to drift along in games and has the ability to take an opportunity but does he create many?

At his best he's certainly a good player, but not convinced he'd be a good fit for our needs.

Widdop on the other hand might be interesting.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Desert Boot Kid

Desert Boot Kid Active Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 5
    This will do me you are judging recruitment of one game.

Snowden and Myles for that matter are immortals compared to our pack and Maloney looks like Wally Lewis to our current 5/8.

If we are basing things on players last performance than you shouldn't be playing as all you did on the field was nothing.

15. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Beggars can't be choosers. We need to work our way up to beggar level first, and then take anything we can get. Maloney and Snowden are probably thinking they wouldn't want to come here anyway. Like Sezer and Tom Burgess.

• Like Like x 2
  16. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    I think Widdop would be a better option as well, Maloney's weaknesses are hidden by him playing in a great team, Widdop learnt his trade from the big 3 at the drizzle and he is a consistent performer and reliable goal kicker. If he was available I would love to see him in maroon and white.

17. 6/71

6/71 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 3
    **** it. I'll do it.

Put me in coach.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Red Pill

Red Pill Optimist & Troll Inquisitor

Ratings:
    +431 / 15
    Maloney nearly won the Game for the rorters last night.
    Has a good kicking game and can kick goals. Personally I hope we try to develop some younger players as many posters have mentioned we have 2 promising halves in our under 20's. We need to sign them both from what I have seen even to play reserves next year

19. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    lol, at least you are finally back in form, bones.