1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Sea Eagles exodus

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Oct 12, 2011.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    INCOMING Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey is confident the club will retain its big-name stars when he takes over the top job at the end of next season.

Read the full article

2. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    I was stressing last week about a mass exodus of players, however when you draw breath we all must remember that the players have just one a premiership, appear to be great mates and appear very tight so the last thing they will want to do is abandon ship. Toovey is untried at this level however he has done his apprenticeship and appears to have the support of the players. If the news about DCE and to a lesser extent Ferris is true we should all be confident that our beloved team will be a dominant force next year and beyond.

3. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,390 / 36
    I think Whatmough's statement was calming, when he stated that Yes Des is a great coach but itw as this bunch of tight knitted team mates that did it on the field.
    I too am breathing a little bit easier this week.

4. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +828 / 10
    Manly's greatest difficulty will be in staying united in the face of the media and rival clubs wanting Manly to fall apart.

Bulldogs fans getting on the radio trying to argue why Hasler should go now blah blah. Good luck trolls! Manly are premiers and your Dogs are nufties.

The media will do their best to do as much damage and muck stirring as they can so that it gives them an ongoing free feed of stories to write on.

Fact is Des is such a good coach for a reason. That reason will show up again come the finals next September.

5. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    I agree they will face it but they proved this year that they thrive on it. I hope the media keep at it because it will mean another successful year.

6. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    swoop has often compared choc to gallen and urged choc to reform his ways like Gallen has I believe we are seeing that now.

I think the pissgate affair will be a watershed moment for choc i still wouldn't be surprised to see him become manly captain in 2 or 3 seasons.

7. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Great to read that DCE loves the club and will stay on. I feared that the Bongoes would make a massive play for him.

8. manlysister

manlysister Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    DCE has not put pen to paper, until he does Im worried

9. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    I'm certain Perry has a pen.

10. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    You're exactly right Cambo, got to give him credit, since the pissgate affair the bloke has been great on and off the field. I believed he wasn't playing to his potential prior to that incident and now he is and he's reaping the rewards and has been picked in the Aussie team.

Remember at one stage they were saying Watmough should never be picked in a rep team again. He's shown maturity and not only has he benefited personally, but so has the team.

11. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    If Perry doesn't have a pen , then I'm sure Penn has a Penn.

12. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Did someone here send Penn a box of Pens, or did Lowie nick them

13. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    pissgate = wartershed.....pun intended?