No juniors no worries?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Enigma

Reserve Grader
It was a bit scary reading articles years ago about how clubs like Parra ,Pennies, dogs , Broncos ,Wobblers from across the ditch have all the juniors and the bickies combined and us Beagles , Bunnies and Rooters may as well just relax , nothing happening any time soon. It was hard to argue with it. Storm as well,without juniors. If our promising locals kick on who are already in the team and the others like Knight and Hopoate join them, it would be similar to previous eras perhaps in this regards. It boggles the mind to see the lack of titles from these clubs over the last 20 years especially Parra and the Wobblers. So whilst it would be nice to have strong juniors it needs to be taken in context? Could be called a paradox maybe?

I suspect teams that have large junior bases are in a quandary regarding which junior to select and which to ignore. They may pick now and then one that is a stand out but the rest can tend to be of close to equal ability and you just cant know which one is going to develop further.

Sydney City seem to have the answer in grabbing as many of the cream of players as possible, knowing that at least some are going to develop into first graders. The fact they have been in so many grand finals since 2000 shows its a success. Just add the occasional star, which you can afford because most of your players are young, developing and much cheaper until they reach stardom.

A team like Parramatta seems to me becomes complacent over its riches.

Another factor I think occurs where your junior ranks are small, the best of the players face constant battles in teams that are failing. Such adversity can of course sap a players interests. But those with a strong desire improve quicker and become tougher in some senses because they have to try that much harder to help their team win. Such adversity I suspect develops more inner toughness.

I suspect teams that have large junior bases are in a quandary regarding which junior to select and which to ignore. They may pick now and then one that is a stand out but the rest can tend to be of close to equal ability and you just cant know which one is going to develop further.

Sydney City seem to have the answer in grabbing as many of the cream of players as possible, knowing that at least some are going to develop into first graders. The fact they have been in so many grand finals since 2000 shows its a success. Just add the occasional star, which you can afford because most of your players are young, developing and much cheaper until they reach stardom.

A team like Parramatta seems to me becomes complacent over its riches.

Another factor I think occurs where your junior ranks are small, the best of the players face constant battles in teams that are failing. Such adversity can of course sap a players interests. But those with a strong desire improve quicker and become tougher in some senses because they have to try that much harder to help their team win. Such adversity I suspect develops more inner toughness.
I suspect the same.

Development of players cost money and time.
While you have $$$ you have juniors.
They are someone else's but you don't have to invest the time.
Ask the rorters.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/titans-v-panthers/

I think we might be sorted!
The 3rd Son of Hoppa Sr looks every bit the young Semi Radrada of Harold Matts!
He's got speed and more speed, a powerful fend and a good build. He plays fullback but he looks like the typical prototype of a backline player/footballer that could slot in elsewhere. Happy Days in 2019?

It was a bit scary reading articles years ago about how clubs like Parra ,Pennies, dogs , Broncos ,Wobblers from across the ditch have all the juniors and the bickies combined and us Beagles , Bunnies and Rooters may as well just relax , nothing happening any time soon. It was hard to argue with it. Storm as well,without juniors. If our promising locals kick on who are already in the team and the others like Knight and Hopoate join them, it would be similar to previous eras perhaps in this regards. It boggles the mind to see the lack of titles from these clubs over the last 20 years especially Parra and the Wobblers. So whilst it would be nice to have strong juniors it needs to be taken in context? Could be called a paradox maybe?
Enigmatic post, Enigma.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7