NO ACTION TAKEN AGAINST MARSHALL- WHAT A JOKE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need to turn up the heat.

Gallop may be the boss but that just makes him even more accountable. You cannot justify suspending somebody for 4 weeks for havings drinks in a bar.

What he has done is so wrong that nothing he says to justify his stance can be right.

I'd like to make a sign, 'Gallop, show us your famous sidestep'.

Just as an example. In defamation law, from what I understand, and I am no lawyer, but a denial can be seen as guilt, as such admitting to being wrong, could in my opinion be construed even worse for Gallop.

I just can't see how he would in anyway apologise. Lets give it 230 odd years and we may get an apology, he may be taking Rudd's lead

Dan link said:
Just as an example. In defamation law, from what I understand, and I am no lawyer, but a denial can be seen as guilt, as such admitting to being wrong, could in my opinion be construed even worse for Gallop.

I just can't see how he would in anyway apologise. Lets give it 230 odd years and we may get an apology, he may be taking Rudd's lead

we can write it on Gallops grave stone

Garts link said:
I don't know what another whinge in the media will achieve if the reports of a press release are true. Whats done is done and things won't change.

Its not whinging its being open outspoken in an attempt to correct an error. A very damaging error.

Say nothing and sure things will not change.

DSM5 link said:
You have a valid point Phantar, but it doesn't let Gallop off the hook.  I'd like the Club to ask for its 100K back, an apology for Brett and also take action against News Ltd for loss of income.  I'd like to see the Club take vigorous and public action.  Put the pressure squarely where it should be, on Gallop and his stooges.   
i'd like that too. Maybe out of all this the other clubs will come to realise that Gallop falls well short of a natural leader and should go. I hope that next time he attempts to enter Manly's dressing room he gets the cold shoulder - big time.

I have a dream that we win the 2011 premiership and that every Manly player refuses to shake Gallop's hand on the podium. We can only hope.

Pity Quayle and Arko aren't a few decades younger.

Gallop had better be careful continuing to spout these allegations that there was clear evidence of Brett's misconduct. Bret seems to have a pretty hot legal team.

There should be a new Silvertails banner.

"If you dont believe gallop has a case to answer, your not a true supporter"

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
No action has been taken and neither should there be. Two wrongs don't make a right. If anyone believes that Stewart shouldn't have been suspended how can you believe Marshall should be.

Gallop should apologise to Manly for his actions not suspend everyone else to justify his decision with Stewart.

That's exactly the point. Of course Marshall and Carney shouldn't be suspended for 4 weeks, so why was Brett ?? Gallop just needs to give a reasonable explanation as to why Brett received an unprecedented and a since non-repeated punishment. Gallop made a mistake and caved in to media pressure on a issue he took personally. He just keeps digging a bigger hole for himself, no one seriously believes he has any sort of justification for his actions. Hopefully the one good thing that will come from Brett's suspension is that the NRL wakes up to the fact that this guy is a muppet and cannot be involved any further in our game.   

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Gallop had better be careful continuing to spout these allegations that there was clear evidence of Brett's misconduct. Bret seems to have a pretty hot legal team.
Trouble is Gallop will have the resources of the NRL and News Ltd (maybe not Phil Rothfield) behind him and Stewart is already behind the 8-ball financially. Be nice if Penn and co helped him out.

Alternatively as Marcellus Wallace might say: We could send a team of pipe-wielding frontrowers armed with blowtorches and pliers to get medieval on Gallop's ass. :mad:

Gallop has justified it. Brett was apparently drunk at a work function which breaches the code of conduct. The others were not drunk at a work function. I agree it's a pile of crap but thats his story and he is sticking with it.

There was absolutely no evidence presented at Brett's trial that he was inebriated in any way at the function.  The prosecutor tried to suggest that a CCCTV camera caught him staggering near the bar.  It was pointed out that Brett slipped on some spilled drink, and that there was a floor sign pointing this out.  The CCCTV  footage also showed that Brett was drinking coke.  The Judge at Brett's trial told the prosecutor to move on, and stop trying to flog this horse.  Gallop should be very careful in what he says.   

DSM5 link said:
There was absolutely no evidence presented at Brett's trial that he was inebriated in any way at the function.  The prosecutor tried to suggest that a CCCTV camera caught him staggering near the bar.  It was pointed out that Brett slipped on some spilled drink, and that there was a floor sign pointing this out.  The CCCTV  footage also showed that Brett was drinking coke.  The Judge at Brett's trial told the prosecutor to move on, and stop trying to flog this horse.  Gallop should be very careful in what he says.   

I'm glad that you were there at the trial as without you being there, we would have no idea about these things. Cheers.

On a side note DSM, you keep putting one too many C's at the front of CCTV :p

I look at it this way....i'd imagine with pending legal action re the brett stewart case, maybe the nrl has seen what a hole they have dug themselves in ,with the way they just came in and suspended a bloke for 4 weeks without his chance to defend any charges,... so they get him on an all encompassing disrepute "charge" and the nrl is seen as doing something......all before any of the police/legal charges are even heard.......now, realising they are going to get sued for maybe they have learnt from this situation and are doing everything possible to delay any footy penalties till the legal charges have been heard. Well thats a positive in my opinion, and is something we all here advocated and that was innicent until proven guilty. Now here's the rub....what presumption of innocence is applicable for carney ?  the breathaliser doesnt lie - he is guilty of dui and on a zero alcohol provisional license - so what are the nrl waiting for ? the dally m player of the year hasnt brought the game into disrepute - give me f-in break , and any eats fand official saying well hes served his suspension for all the other shyte , and this is basically his first offence - the guy should be told to go back to play for canberra , paid for by easts , or deregistered - this bloke shouldnt be helping the rooters try and win a comp after the raiders were told to take action......Benji - same deal  - what presumption of innocence is required here , is there any suggestion that the rascist or his mates even swung a punch back , or swung first -  yes , i know there is a line blah blah - no place for rascism  etc etc - but if i as " wog" or everyone else that got sledged swung everytime they got verballed , there'd be more people in gaols in this country than out - IMO the guy's ego took over and he's made a massive mistake - a physical assualt in the middle of the city , in front of a crowd at maccas - not bring the game into disprepute ??  Either grow a set gallop and show the consistency , explain what they are waiting for from both court cases in regards to bad publicity that hasnt already been caused , and considering the offences took place in the weeks leading up to the season start , will the NRL be standing carney and benji  down for 4 weeks during the season asap as the cases are heard,  regardless of what effect they have on the roosters, nsw , tigers , the battle for western sydney, nz , and the hypocrytes they will look like by everyone thats fair dunkum...and finally , watmough and trex should have been punished by our club as well , if they havent been....police rader and breathaliser again.

DSM5 link said:
Thank you DSM, Gallop's continual ascertion that Brett's suspension was due to other charges and misconduct have me mystified... I still do not know what code he breached, Gallop's ascertions that Brett was drunk hold NO water, the prosecution tried to prove that to discredit him, and failed in a very major way, the refusal of service was not directed at Brett individually but as part of a group and - wow - no-one complained or acted out/created an incident.
The fact Gallop has, over the past 2 years, referred to Brett as being drunk has to raise some serious defamation/slander issues. Quite frankly I want Brett to be left in peace, the man has been to hell and back and I really wish him some peace.
( but quietly I wish Gallop was sued for continuing to bring Brett's character into disrepute!!!!)

put simply no one likes us we all know that so when it comes time to recieve an apology or money for oval upgrades or another player recieving a similar penalty to brett ,its not gonna happen its quite simple really when you think about it ,its a major hatred towards manly in general from hierachy the public etc,it sucks i know but its reality what else is it ????....

It seems clear to me that perhaps they may have dealt with the Stewart stuff poorly, however going forward they can only doeal with things better and move forward.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299500500[/time]

Hence why they have dealt with everything since a lot better.

I mean what happened with Watmough and his speeding? Everyone seems to have forgotten that incident

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8