Night games manly .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Hey guys,

Just thought I would put this out there to gather everyones opinions .

I haven't looked into it stats wise but I feel over the last few years we haven't gone very well in night games .

I have noticed this year due to our big year and our exciting footy we have been given a huge amount of Friday night slots and also a fair few Saturday night slots.

Normally we do very well in day games this could impact us quite badly with the way we like to play e.g promoting the ball etc and our expansive play that we like to play.

With Night games we can't play this way and it smashes us with field position and we get dominated with our one out carries.

I think this is a huge factor in our form and I will be interested to see whether it translates to our performances this year when we play some day games .

Cheers.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
What you say may or may not be true .. as you say you haven't seen the stats, and even then they would need qualification as to how many night games were against top teams and how many against bottom teams etc.

But either way it would worry me that a team I supported was that fragile that the time of day was a deciding factor.

Yea I guess it will be a good indication at the end of the year how we are placed as we have a huge amount more then previous years .
I hope im wrong with this observation obviously .

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
more dew at nighT, MAKES the field 10 m shorter in width. hurts us as we try to go around teams and not through them and the touch line is easier to find. also short kicking games and repeat sets, are all helpful and not our strong suit when conditions are slippery

finally hands like flippers, we have a couple

I have no doubt our heavily featured arvo games in the sun last season helped us

just my gutty

Jerry1

First Grader
Sunday game at 6.15pm sucks.
Waste of a Sunday slot…
Matters less as it will be pissing down anyway but………

joeboy

Bencher
There is only two legitimate day games every round, the e other 6 games are totally or at least partially played at night.

No team is ever going ti get a very high percentage of day games so it’s upto the coaching staff to coach gameplay and concoct gameplans that suits the most commonly found conditions,

Of course the NRL should be played during The day as a majority, for such product driven administration it’s sad they can’t stand fast against the broadcasters in order to present the “product” as it should be. Hard fast surfaces with clear weather aiding handling, running,footwork and enterprising play

47MVEagle

Bencher
I have a book about the Vietnam war in which an urban (jungle) legend known as The Phantom is described.

He apparently spent 6 months in a bunker in complete darkness to enhance his night vision & came roaring out of it, driving a US army jeep through a minefield at midnight, totally unscathed.

Maybe Des needs to look at incorporating some sort of night vision training for the boys so they can cope with our upcoming glut of night games?

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
End of the day it shouldn’t matter what time of the day they play , there professionals and should be able to play to suit the conditions
I do think if you looked at the stats Manly’s night compared to day would be fairly even .If you play finals you have to win more games .Same can be said if your down the bottom you have lost plenty of games day or night

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14