NHL (ice) Hockey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Wolfpack

Bencher
RE: NHL 2013

That is a nice article. Hockey is a beautiful sport to watch when there are lines that are so in sync like that.

Two wins on the trot for the Fly Boys! Looked very average against an equally craptastic NYR team but managed to sneak a win & blew the Islanders outta the rink today. This Vinny LeCavalier guy goes alright.

When you consider that they scored 5 tonight while looking pretty average, there could be an absolute torrent of goals coming from Philly if/when our big name forwards start to find some form.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

^ Well...on the plus side, buffalo only has 5 points, to philly's 8.

So you're not last in the league!

On a brighter note @Dan ......

The Russian Rocket's jersey was retired a couple of days ago. Pavel Bure, the only canuck in the hall of fame and only the 4th canuck jersey to be retired.

His highlights (on the ice, not his hair) are just simply amazing to watch.

This guy is the fastest I've seen on the ice with the best puck handling skills. A joy to watch! Go Number 10!!!!!!

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Also, Wolfpack, it's amazing that your goalie, emery, can skate the length of the ice, fight the opposition goalie who didn't want to fight and not even be suspended.

When saying he didn't want to fight, emery replied 'just defend yourself.'

I'd haul his ass and the nhl's off to the courts for assault (after killing him and his family.)

Mals

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member

globaleagle said:

The Russian Rocket's jersey was retired a couple of days ago. Pavel Bure, the only canuck in the hall of fame and only the 4th canuck jersey to be retired.

His highlights (on the ice, not his hair) are just simply amazing to watch.

This guy is the fastest I've seen on the ice with the best puck handling skills. A joy to watch! Go Number 10!!!!!!

Flyers are rock bottom now GE :(

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Mals said:
globaleagle said:

Flyers are rock bottom now GE :(

Oh I SEE!!! So you went with the flyers!!!! :mad:

:angel:

Last night buffalo (bottom of league) played san jose (top of league) and buffalo won!

However the referees missed the puck going into the goal which would have won it in regulation time for san jose. - replays show it went in by about 30 cm's, this isn't some 50-50 call, it was a definite goal.

It's interesting to see how the media react to refereeing blunders over here. They are much more accepting. There is no headhunting.
There is no real blow ups from anyone actually (except san jose fans).

No calls for investigations!

However san jose still got 1 point for both teams being tied at the end of regulation time. Buffalo won it in the shoot out (played after 5 mins of extra sudden death time).

Now...some highlights of that brett stewart like player..... Pavel Bure!!!!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFbSpvb8QUA[/video]

Wolfpack

Bencher

I'm not sure people would be so accepting if it happened in the playoffs; 82 game seasons have a way of making you relax a little more about results.

No idea what's wrong with the Flyers but geez, hope you're right on this being rock bottom, Mals. The Carolina game was the most painful game of NHL I've ever witnessed, disgraceful performance from both teams, then we lose it in OT (with the assist for the winning goal being passed right in front of Giroux, who just watched it go past).

It seems there's a major morale problem in the club. The current trend in Philly has been to tear down the roster & completely rebuild (see: Eagles, Sixers, Phillies) but I'm not sure the Flyers can do that with how much money they've got tied up in players with NMCs in their contracts. Plus if the Eagles & Sixers get back up the top of their respective leagues again you can guarantee that that'll really rip into the Flyers ticket sales. Philly isn't really a hockey town when it comes down to it.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

lol, it happened to san jose again! Good overtime goal waved off!

Hey, the flyers have 2 in a row! The oilers (as they should) and 5-0 over ottawa!!! wtf - did ottawa forget to turn up??

Nucks.... be nice to break our losing streak!

Wolfpack

Bencher

So the Flyers are actually playing okay now (Cooter!), not good, but after that horrific opening month I'll take okay. At least we're in playoff contention. Got only our second win in Detroit since 1980 today as well. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

What's going on with the Nucks though? Haven't seen any of their games but suprised to see where they are in the division. You won't get the easy ride that the Flyers/Rangers/Caps get in the metro, going to need a good run to get yourselves into the top 3.

Btw GE, are you GameCenter's new caption writer? Because it seems there's some...uh...odd things appearing...

BasM00sCcAAagGi.png:large

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

lol. ummmm Not guilty your honour!

I dunno what's up with the 'nucks. We've won 3 in a row but still, losing 8 from 9 isn't going to do you any favours.

Burrows is still 'digging' (see what I did there) to find his groove. A couple of times he's been real hesitant in front of a pretty wide open net so hopefully he pulls his head out soon.

We blew a 2 goal lead against Phoenix last night but wrapped it up in OT. Torts understandably wasn't happy with 'the way we won' and the habit of making wins unnecessarily difficult is starting to grate on people.

I'm noticing Bieska making some uncharacteristic defensive errors and needs to sharpen up.

However, you're correct. We've had too many years stomping on a weak division....now it's time to work.

Edit: Just kicked the avs' butts so suck on that stasny! :p

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

nice to spank the bruins as well! 6-2. suck on that boston ya wankers.

Wolfpack

Bencher

There is nothing that brings people together like hating on Boston. Except for hating on Dallas & Melbourne, but Boston too.

Suck on it chowdah heads.

*Disclaimer: While writing this post it is likely that the Flyers lost yet another shoot out.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

WP, you must be pretty pissed that tom wilson is facing no supplemental action for nailing one of your guys into the boards.

fmd!

Wolfpack

Bencher

Don't understand how it wasn't a suspension. The NHL explanation of why Wilson wasn't suspended/fined is pretty thorough but for me that hit was just way too dirty to let him get away with nothing but a 5 minute major. It's going to be something to watch for moving forward given how much Philly & the Caps play one another. I'm expecting some revenge from the likes of Rosehill.

The cynic in me also thinks that if Wilson hit Sidney Crosby like that he'd be facing a big suspension.

In good news, this is Claude Giroux's world & we're all just living in it...

828513269.gif

Ffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu...

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

to come back from 4-0 down and win in regulation....was simply amazing!

And that was a superb goal!

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

nothing to see in this thread. esp if you're wolfpack.

dammit!

Wolfpack

Bencher

Phwoar, dat shootout. What a game. Feel like the Canucks really earned their point, that one could have gone either way.

Love ya GE, but loved getting that win over Torts, bet he's raging hard right now.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Wolfpack said:
Phwoar, dat shootout. What a game. Feel like the Canucks really earned their point, that one could have gone either way.

Love ya GE, but loved getting that win over Torts, bet he's raging hard right now.

I'm not talking to you!!

lol Sheesh Mason was incredible in goal tonight and Giroux keeps on giroux'ing.

I was getting ready to type:... Well we won, but should've won with a scoreline of 6-2 with all the bounces that didn't go our way.

But now I can type, what a rip, shoulda won but you got all the bounces!

(typed with 'nucks glasses on)

I like how torts gets angry as opposed to watching blank faced AV for years (except that time he couldn't stop laughing.)

Well done philly, they keep on winning on!

Now I'm going to bed! (get that image into ya!)

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

Will be at the Ducks v Nucks game on Wednesday night!

Wooooohoooooo

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Dan said:
Will be at the Ducks v Nucks game on Wednesday night!

Wooooohoooooo

Awesome!!!!

Kinda embarrassing I'm only an hour away from vancouver and haven't been to any games yet!

I'll look out for ya on tv!!!!!! Wave a Manly jersey!

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member

haha my Manly jersey is still being shipped over with my other stuff.

Might wear a Manly Polo shirt and wave that about. You see maroon and white you will know its me :)

I might actually make a new shirt for the occassion

"Lu, don't stuff up our playoffs"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15