• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hard to fault Favre because he was bashed from pillar to post by the Saints and at 40 it's a wonder he got up from some of them.  (And on that note the Vikings OL should take prime responsibility for the loss).

But with 7 seconds of regular time, he's in the open on the limit of field goal range and only has to trot 5-10 metres and then find the sideline to set the field goal up for a win.  Throws an interception.  One of those "moments in history" that will become legend when they talk about NFC deciders.

So close but yet so far.

Saints got a lot of close calls going in their favour. I still can't see how their third TD crossed the plane. Defensive penalties called that could have gone either way, first downs that had an inch in it, and some hits on Favre should have drawn a flag but didn't. All round the Vikes deserved the win but blew plays at crucial times, and I agree Mata it was the OL that let Favre down. AP had a terrific game despite a few fumbles. Still, Favre made a huge blue with his last play - I can't believe he risked the throw when he was on one leg and the game was there to be had. All up it was a terrific game.

I thought the Jets would go on and win comfortably in the first half but the Colts were tradesman-like and ground out a solid win. It shows the difference between an outstanding QB and the others.

CW, I still prefer the strength of the NFC side. Colts have come up $1.45 and Saints $2.60 but I can't see Brees being as ineffectual two games in a row and the Vikes DL was really terrific. I think the Saints will go out to a 17 point lead and hold that difference to win the SB comfortably.

I will be rooting for the Saints in the Bowl.  A fairytale story for them to break their decades of mediocrity and do it for New Orleans post Hurricane Katrina.  They joined the competition in the same year Cronulla joined the NSWRL and have been just as ineffective. 

Looks like Freeney may be ok. The unthinkable would be if Shockey doesn't start for the Saints - he is one mad character but he keeps coming up with the plays. His right arm bicep tatts just deserve to be hanging on to a Harley.

Holy crap - just seen that LT says that he has played his last game for the Chargers. LaDainian Tomlinson is like Beaver to Manly. 9 straight years and more than half of all signed memorabilia sales for San Diego are his.

On the SB, Saints injuries seem to be fine. Freeney is still not a certainty but I would be surprised if he wasn't there for the Colts. I have taken NO @ $2.70, 13-18 @ $13 and Shockey for a heap of things at huge odds. Go Saints.

ManlyBacker link said:
I have taken NO @ $2.70, 13-18 @ $13

SaWEEEEEET!!!

I actually thought the Colts couldn't lose it from there during the 3rd Quarter, but father time caught up with Manning and the Saints finished way too strong.

It's funny. I really wanted the Saints to win given what it means for New Orleans.  But it was also bittersweet, given how close the Vikings were to being there in their place and that the MVP QB was let go by the Dolphins.  Ouch .....

A very good NFL season.  I'm glad the NRL doesn't have an endless off-season like the NFL does.

Good result in the end. Vikings will be hurting so badly as they really lost that game more than NO won it, in the NFC Championship match.

Matabele link said:
How much did you have on the result MB?
It is a bit embarrassing as I am only a small punter. I had $20 @$2.70, $10 @$13 and 3 x $3 ($9) on Shockey, and he almost scored the last TD. I dropped $10 on the Gunners ($4.80 was too tempting) so it was a +$155 Monday.  They were slightly larger bets than I normally do but this was the SB and the TAB a/c is looking good. Who Dat singing (quietly) now? :)

Eagles just released Westbrook, absolutely shattered. It's like Brian Dawkins all over again.

At least LeSean McCoy is better than Macho Harris  ::)

I guess Favre will make a decision on his future soon.  If he retires I hope we draft a QB so we don't have to go back to Tarvaris Jackson.

It's going to be a rough year for the Cards with Lineart at QB, going back to their old ways. Bet Larry Fitzgerald is wishing he got out when he had more of a chance.

As far as Farve goes, it's impossible to try & say when that man will retire. I get the feeling he might give it one more crack given how close the Vikes came to the SB.

Though as a Philly fan all I can say is please bring back Tavaris Jackson, promise not to choke slam him again  :-*

I reckon Favre will be back but may struggle with injury - he'll be 41.  It will depend on what the relationship between Favre and Childress was like behind closed doors I guess.  Childress may not want him back.

If I were the Vikes I would draft a high pick QB this year.  Even if Favre does come back he would learn a lot from the old salt.

Absolutely, the draft will be huge for the Vikes this year.

I haven't been following the draft closely but apparently the QB talent is a bit thin this year, for the Vikes sake I hope they manage to find a diamond in the rough.

As for the Iggles, i'd love for us to draft a good safety, center & defensive end. We're really struggling for some quality depth in those positions. Even if we do manage to snare Peppers and maybe Mawae, they'll only be around for 2 seasons tops.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6