Next 2 Games are KEY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Storm then City

Yes - Every game is important and they all give you 2 points for the win.

The fact is - both Storm and City are serious title contenders and to get 1 or better still, 2 victories in the coming fortnight...would give massive belief, energy and stick that Illawarra game in the furnace where it belongs....
To win both, will be looking serious top 4 contenders....1 would be a decent outcome....but to lose both - on the back of Sundays Illawarra catastrophe, would be a massive hammering that it would be a struggle to hold a top 8 spot....and mentally, very tough to fight back from for the business end of the season....I reckon these next 2 games will be the make or break of Manly for 2017....and come Sunday afternoon, we will have 1 of them done!

giphy.gif

Believe it Feathered Friends :rock:

Last weeks 50 point debacle was demoralizing
But ..........
A team does not show its true character after a big win or after a big loss . A team shows its true character by the way they respond after a big loss when they come up against a top side towards the business end of the season .
We will see the true character of our team this Sunday
images7G9U12I1.jpg

I expect to see a reaction this week. I am not sure if it will be enough to derail the Drizzle at the bleak city. Manly must learn from last Sunday and show some resilience because that was badly missing last Sunday. The Roosters game at Brookvale is a chance for Manly as the guys will life there. One week at a time. If we can get 3 wins that will be enough I feel to make it.

Last weeks 50 point debacle was demoralizing
But ..........
A team does not show its true character after a big win or after a big loss . A team shows its true character by the way they respond after a big loss when they come up against a top side towards the business end of the season .
We will see the true character of our team this Sunday
View attachment 6053
So, the only way we see this "true character" is by putting in humiliating performances and big losses first? Where was the true character after dropping the game against Panthers and unconvincing performances against the lowly Warriors and Tigpies? Or do we just selectively choose Anthony Robbins' catch phrases to throw around when convenient?

I would argue the counter. A team shows it's true character, week in and week out, not by needing extra motivational fuel through a humiliating performance. This team has demonstrated some vastly improved grit this year, and there is also plenty to improve.

Regardless, we can all agree to GO MANLY! Bounce back.

Storm then City

Yes - Every game is important and they all give you 2 points for the win.

The fact is - both Storm and City are serious title contenders and to get 1 or better still, 2 victories in the coming fortnight...would give massive belief, energy and stick that Illawarra game in the furnace where it belongs....
To win both, will be looking serious top 4 contenders....1 would be a decent outcome....but to lose both - on the back of Sundays Illawarra catastrophe, would be a massive hammering that it would be a struggle to hold a top 8 spot....and mentally, very tough to fight back from for the business end of the season....I reckon these next 2 games will be the make or break of Manly for 2017....and come Sunday afternoon, we will have 1 of them done!
Tend to agree man. Win both brilliant, win one of 2 great . As ive said win one of these win a few and even drop another still has us on 34 points and a good shot at 4th . Its not all doom and gloom by a long shot and i dont think we are all that far away from clicking after that kick in the arse.

So, the only way we see this "true character" is by putting in humiliating performances and big losses first? Where was the true character after dropping the game against Panthers and unconvincing performances against the lowly Warriors and Tigpies? Or do we just selectively choose Anthony Robbins' catch phrases to throw around when convenient?

I would argue the counter. A team shows it's true character, week in and week out, not by needing extra motivational fuel through a humiliating performance. This team has demonstrated some vastly improved grit this year, and there is also plenty to improve.

Regardless, we can all agree to GO MANLY! Bounce back.
Adversity is a character tester ....
We will agree to disagree feathered friend and hope our team comes up trumps !!!
24a28fa0e741a36da9282de8bd1d7acc--healthy-food-humor-quotes.jpg

I think the team can bounce back and give one to the storm, they are entering that period where it's easy to have an off day. Points ahead, missing a few, eyes starting to focus on September. While Manly can see with those around them on the ladder, they need to light a rocket now if they want top 4.

Roosters will have more fight in them, especially if Manly knock over storm and minor prem really becomes a chance for them. A loss there i can handle, but the effort needs to be there for 80 mins. No more embarrassing displays. Pretty soft run after that with "should win" games. We all know how manly goes in most of those though.. so these next two are more important than they seem. Win them both and top 4 becomes realistic again, and should be enough motivation to stay focused against the lower teams and not think they'll be a walk in the park. Lose both and start playing desperate, we could be in some strife with Parra and Dragons draw pretty soft too if they get rolls on.

Win both of these two? I'm not sure it can happen until Manly can get a full strength squad of who is available on the field again.

Start of the year, 8th i would've been happy with, stoked even... but now with some of the glimpses we have seen what this team can do, bottom of the 8 would be a disappointment for mine.

Adversity is a character tester ....
We will agree to disagree feathered friend and hope our team comes up trumps !!!
View attachment 6055
So, in other words, they failed the character test miserably against Saints... having been spanked by Saints in the first meeting, playing at Win and without 7 (or how ever many it was) regular first graders and off the back of some poor performances in the past month, they came away with their most humiliating defeat this season. What did that demonstrate about their "true character"? Or, does the character test only apply when we get the result we want?

So, in other words, they failed the character test miserably against Saints... having been spanked by Saints in the first meeting, playing at Win and without 7 (or how ever many it was) regular first graders and off the back of some poor performances in the past month, they came away with their most humiliating defeat this season. What did that demonstrate about their "true character"? Or, does the character test only apply when we get the result we want?
Sorry that I have not put it in the words that you could understand what I was trying to say .
Hope our team gives us some answers on Sunday :)

to be fair only half the team was spanked by the saints earlier in the year, the rest were in reserve grade

Sorry that I have not put it in the words that you could understand what I was trying to say .
Hope our team gives us some answers on Sunday :)
I understand the concept, I was just questioning the selective application of belief fictions. What you proffered would probably be highly suitable as a motivational tool in the sheds before next game. :)

It's all good, BOZO. If we can turn it around this week, we will all be happy, regardless of how we wanna interpret the reason(s) for it.

GO MANLY!

Go deep into September and i think we'll all forget the saints disappointment.

Go deep into September and i think we'll all forget the saints disappointment.
I don't speak for everyone, but personally for me, I won't forget that game until we either beat them in a semi final and send them out of the competition or we flog the pants off them next year.

The interesting thing about the next two games is this...I feel that if we bring our A game and the Storm bring their A game, the Storm win. If we bring our A game and the Roosters bring their A game, it's mighty close...
Therefore...I feel that fate is not entirely in our hands. We could turn up and put in a really excellent performance and play with enthusiasm and it still might not be enough...

I don't speak for everyone, but personally for me, I won't forget that game until we either beat them in a semi final and send them out of the competition or we flog the pants off them next year.
I understand, but if we win the comp ill forget pretty easily.

I have no doubt our eyes were on the Melbourne and Roosters clashes, even Barrett alluded to this in the press conference.

I think we are about to go on a run here people. We will beat the Storm.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11