1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Where Are They Now: Ben Kennedy - last of the dominant Blues

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Rex, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Long before Queensland were setting records and completely dominating the State of Origin landscape, Kennedy was a regular in a Blues side that had many questioning if Queensland’s best days were behind them.

Read the full article

2. firechild

firechild Active Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0
    It's phenomenal that a bloke who was at the back end of his career and played just 2 seasons at Brookie, how much impact he had on the club. He played a huge role in turning our great club around as we rebuilt after the Northern Eagles days and he gained huge respect from every Manly fan.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Yes, he taught the forwards about going forward, pushing through the line and dominating. A great influence at Manly beyond his years at the club.

4. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,808 / 53
    Spot on Fairchild. I couldn't agree more.

5. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    I remember a game against the rooster he had been egging Kitey on all match thus far(the game was about 15minutes old Kitey dropped the ball 1 set of the match), well any way Kitey does he usual hit up after a tackle & breaks through the line in front of him its all open(about35mtrs out), he pinned the ears back & beat the opposition to the line, Ben Kennedy comes rushing up to him still tellin him advice & in his ear. I loved that , just the way he kept them all believeing in them selves.
    I also remember we started off so well one year might have been 06 , where we lost 9games straight in the back end & still made the 8..

& to show how it rubbed off the next season we were without him (kennedy retired) Menzies on the bench with matai & orford all out injured for a few rounds ) , Jamie lyon 1st year in & we WERE 4 from 5