News: Wests Tigers looking to shed veteran big men Bryce Gibbs and Liam Fulton (Hoppa)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
WESTS Tigers are bracing for big changes up front, with long-serving duo Bryce Gibbs and Liam Fulton free to negotiate elsewhere and veteran prop Todd Payten believed to be eyeing retirement.

Read the full article

I heard a whisper the reason Snowden hasnt signed with the Knights was because Bennett doesn't reckon he is worth the money but Tinkler is insisting.

bob dylan said:
I heard a whisper the reason Snowden hasnt signed with the Knights was because Bennett doesn't reckon he is worth the money but Tinkler is insisting.

You must be hard on hearing if you thought that was a whisper.

It has been reported in several newspapers the radio, this site and just about everywhere.

Bennett overruled Tinkler, it isn't that he does not think Snowden as the talent, it is because he has an unspoken rule that he does not pay more than 300k for front rowers.

He just wants hard working pigs who go forward, he doesn't want over priced players who don't even play the full 80

not questioning your source, just telling you it has been very very very widely reported and is a long known fact about Bennett

Daniel said:
bob dylan said:

You must be hard on hearing if you thought that was a whisper.

It has been reported in several newspapers the radio, this site and just about everywhere.

Bennett overruled Tinkler, it isn't that he does not think Snowden as the talent, it is because he has an unspoken rule that he does not pay more than 300k for front rowers.

He just wants hard working pigs who go forward, he doesn't want over priced players who don't even play the full 80

I don't think he thinks he's overpriced. He's probably be happy to pay more for him if the cap was increased. But he just would like to spend his money on other positions. You can get the job done with no frills front rowers, but its harder to get the job done with no frills halves (but I suppose he did do that last year) or fullbacks, etc. I thought it was an amazing insight to how Bennet thinks. I'm sure clubs have general rules like that when they are using the cap, but I doubt they are that steadfast if they really want the player.

back to the post, what do you think of these Tigers forwards?

They are Premiership Winners and our club has a good records with these type of players.

Nah, don't like either of them. Bryce gibbs is a lazy thug. Liam fulton would be a good buy if we needed second rowers cheap but we don't.

Brookvale said:

They are Premiership Winners and our club has a good records with these type of players.

No way. Both are overrated. Gibbs is a thug, I think its fair to say young Crusher never really recovered from having his face rearranged by him and lets not forget despite how his NRL career panned out he was as promising a junior as anyone. Fulton might make 40 tackles a game but he's either second or third man in and has never made a dominant tackle in his life. You run at fulton because you know your going to get a great play the ball because your momentum is always going forward.

Masked Eagle said:
Brookvale said:

No way. Both are overrated. Gibbs is a thug, I think its fair to say young Crusher never really recovered from having his face rearranged by him and lets not forget despite how his NRL career panned out he was as promising a junior as anyone. Fulton might make 40 tackles a game but he's either second or third man in and has never made a dominant tackle in his life. You run at fulton because you know your going to get a great play the ball because your momentum is always going forward.

Spot on ME. I hate Liam Fulton a lot though. He definenatly on my top 5 most hated NRL players. THe guy is a complete and utter diver. Remember in 09 that 1st game of the season we had? I;ll never forget what he did then.

eelcatcher said:
Masked Eagle said:
Brookvale said:

Spot on ME. I hate Liam Fulton a lot though. He definenatly on my top 5 most hated NRL players. THe guy is a complete and utter diver. Remember in 09 that 1st game of the season we had? I;ll never forget what he did then.

I agree. Liam Fulton is my top hated NRL player. Arrogant, over paid and the Tigers should get rid of him. He is a liability to the team. Liam has an attitude and i hope no one wants to take him on. I have no respect for him and TIGERS better not renew his contract either.
Yeah leave Sydney and P#@* off to England.

Fonz said:
Why would you care if he played for the Tigers or not?

I care about him being in the league. He is a scummy player & doesn't deserve to be paid money to play football. I'm sure that Luke O'Donnell would agree with that as well.

Cause Luke O'Donnell was a completely clean player.

Long as he ain't here i don't give a ****.

Bruce Gibbs showed in the fibros v silvertails doco that he is still full of hate for manly, so bryce would have grown up in that environment. Bruce looks 30 stone these days, and Bryce this season looks as though he is well on the way to a life of obesity. He has already played his best footy. No thanks.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8