1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Stewart's try, try, try triumph

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

+2,097 / 13
    AFTER embracing and high-fiving fans on an emotional lap of honour at full-time in yesterday's match at Brookvale Oval, a smiling Brett Stewart stopped to pose for photographers.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/stewarts-try-try-try-triumph.html">Read the full article</a>
  2. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+2,424 / 31
    Would have loved to have been on the fence as he went round
  3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+6,244 / 44
    I didn't know what to make of his post try celebrations after the first two. The "lie/stand there blank faced with arms outstretched" could be construed as a bit of arrogance, the look at me I'm back baby and I knew I'd score a try type scenario, very understated. Alternatively it could have just been pure relief.

At least he had a bit of a fist pump after the third, really looked like he enjoyed that one.
  4. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

+4 / 0
    I thought the first one... he put his arms up for someone to help him up.

The second one.. he just stood there and robbo lifted him up???

Either way he's a legend and can do whatever he wants after scoring his tries.
  5. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

+1,396 / 12
    When I looked at the coverage in the "Herald" this morning all I kept thinking was, "Wankers. They're using Brett Stewart to sell newspapers again." It reinforced just how much I hate what passes for journalism these days.
    Seriously, the news media's relentless desire to cast everything in terms of heroes and villains (the hero falls; the villain is redeemed, etc) is about as subtle as the WWE. But at least the WWE is funny. And it's not real. Unfortunately for Brett, he's not a cartoon character. When the show's over, his life is still there.
  6. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

+662 / 35
    it was ****en magic

I dont think ive seen a manly crowd show that much affection to  one player since beaver

And why not
    Stewy is a ****en champion bloke and his been absoultley shafted the same bunch of ****s who tired to kill our club during SL

**** you gallop
    **** you News ltd
  7. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

+4 / 0
    Personally I think he's copped a rawer deal from the Herald than from the Tele over all of this, to be perfectly honest.
  8. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

+0 / 0
    Here here Cliffy Gc
  9. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

+0 / 0
    I wasn't at the game but it was just so awesome watching Brett cross over for his 3 tries while they were all great the last one with a good pass from Choc was the icing on the cake.

Brett welcome back to Brookie and the team mate you are a true Champion in every way and in a class of your own.
  10. mwsneagle

mwsneagle Active Member

+47 / 0
    It certainly was magic. ;D

It was a great atmosphere and the support from the fans was fantastic, as was the support from his team mates.

I was on the fence, holding up a banner and buger it I moved my mum from behind it so she could see....
    Brett grabbed her hand and gave her a high 5 and the same for my hubby - all the time I was behind the banner and I missed him....ahhhhhhh oh well - next time...

Welcome back Brett.