1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Stewart's try, try, try triumph

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    AFTER embracing and high-fiving fans on an emotional lap of honour at full-time in yesterday's match at Brookvale Oval, a smiling Brett Stewart stopped to pose for photographers.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/stewarts-try-try-try-triumph.html">Read the full article</a>

2. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Would have loved to have been on the fence as he went round

3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I didn't know what to make of his post try celebrations after the first two. The "lie/stand there blank faced with arms outstretched" could be construed as a bit of arrogance, the look at me I'm back baby and I knew I'd score a try type scenario, very understated. Alternatively it could have just been pure relief.

At least he had a bit of a fist pump after the third, really looked like he enjoyed that one.

4. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I thought the first one... he put his arms up for someone to help him up.

The second one.. he just stood there and robbo lifted him up???

Either way he's a legend and can do whatever he wants after scoring his tries.

5. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,438 / 12
    When I looked at the coverage in the "Herald" this morning all I kept thinking was, "Wankers. They're using Brett Stewart to sell newspapers again." It reinforced just how much I hate what passes for journalism these days.
    Seriously, the news media's relentless desire to cast everything in terms of heroes and villains (the hero falls; the villain is redeemed, etc) is about as subtle as the WWE. But at least the WWE is funny. And it's not real. Unfortunately for Brett, he's not a cartoon character. When the show's over, his life is still there.

6. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    it was ****en magic

I dont think ive seen a manly crowd show that much affection to  one player since beaver

And why not
    Stewy is a ****en champion bloke and his been absoultley shafted the same bunch of ****s who tired to kill our club during SL

**** you gallop
    **** you News ltd

7. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Personally I think he's copped a rawer deal from the Herald than from the Tele over all of this, to be perfectly honest.

8. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here here Cliffy Gc

9. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wasn't at the game but it was just so awesome watching Brett cross over for his 3 tries while they were all great the last one with a good pass from Choc was the icing on the cake.

Brett welcome back to Brookie and the team mate you are a true Champion in every way and in a class of your own.

10. mwsneagle

mwsneagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    It certainly was magic. ;D

It was a great atmosphere and the support from the fans was fantastic, as was the support from his team mates.

I was on the fence, holding up a banner and buger it I moved my mum from behind it so she could see....
    Brett grabbed her hand and gave her a high 5 and the same for my hubby - all the time I was behind the banner and I missed him....ahhhhhhh oh well - next time...

Welcome back Brett.