News: Stewart's hamstring was not up to the rigours of Origin.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rusty

Bencher
After a dramatic day one in camp in the countdown to Origin II, Minichiello  was last night called in to the NSW team after Canberra's Josh Dugan was ruled out with a foot injury.

Read the full article

Quite happy for Snake to sit this one out. Need him fit for Manly.

lol

"Dugan was shattered after it was revealed he has syndesmosis and will be sidelined for up to five weeks. "

We ALL have syndesmosis and it's a good thing. Without it he couldn't play at all.

I think Snake is still 4-6 weeks away without missing games to be back to his best. I think Origin is just too soon for him. But baring any further injury problems he's still the best NSW fullback and I've got my fingers crossed for him next year.

It was good to see him stretch out when he ran down the Brisbane player a couple of weeks ago to save a try. (Bad luck they scored the next play though.)

Was concerned when his brother hit him during a tackle on both knees and he went down. I thought oh no. But he got up again and played well.

He seems to be finding some form and getting his speed and timing back every week.

eagle-rock08 said:
Was concerned when his brother hit him during a tackle on both knees and he went down. I thought oh no. But he got up again and played well.

I saw that and thought the same thing.

The guys on 2SM talkin sport this afternoon are suggesting that Brett's problem isn't hammy related at all but that he's got a similar prob to Dean Young in that its a knee problem no cartilage left which means bone on bone and that means Brett can only train every second day and the condition (in their words) "has to be managed carefully".

They mentioned this last week as if they have inside news on it....to be honest it filled me with dread to hear this view and I hope they are just picking up on gossip that isn't the fact of the matter.

Anyone close to the action got any thoughts on this?

Sounds like pure speculation to me. It may well be true as Brett's knee(s?) were bone on bone when he tore the cartilage. Wasnt one of the knee ops to implant cadaver cartilage into knee though? Assuming that was successful then his knees should be fine.

TBH I'm just happy having Brett back & enjoying every game I see him play. Whether he only plays ten more games for the club or ten more years he's a champion of our club.

Wolfpack said:
TBH I'm just happy having Brett back & enjoying every game I see him play. Whether he only plays ten more games for the club or ten more years he's a champion of our club.

Couldn't agree more with you Wolfpack

I thought that was pretty common knowledge about Bretts knees ?

I have seen somebody mention that 1 more serious knee injury is probably game over for Brett

Kiwi Eagle said:
I thought that was pretty common knowledge about Bretts knees ?

I have seen somebody mention that 1 more serious knee injury is probably game over for Brett

It'd have to be pretty heavy to end his career, the available treatments and surgeries are pretty spectacular these days.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8