News: Stewart to fight for his future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>DISGRACED Manly fullback Brett Stewart is poised for a legal stoush with the NRL after releasing a statement yesterday indicating he expects to be reinstated by round five. NRL chief executive David Gallop was clear to stress that Stewart's suspension had nothing to do with his court case, but was a punishment for tarnishing the game's image. The league boss also said Stewart's return to the game would depend on any more information that came to light. Stewart's manager, George Mimis, issued a statement yesterday saying his client would cop the ban -- for now.</p><p> While not wanting to discuss the situation last night, it is understood Mimis has taken legal advice from leading Sydney barrister Geoff Bellew about Stewart's options once the suspension is over. "The NRL has specifically acknowledged in its media release the basis of the suspension which has been imposed is separate and distinct, both in time and content, from the allegations which have given rise to criminal charges which are to come before the court for the first time on 7 April next," Mimis said. "Those allegations form no part whatsoever of the basis of the suspension which has been imposed. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/stewart-to-fight-for-his-future.html">Read the full article</a>

Brett will be able to slaughter these dogs more than we slaughtered the Storm last year.

There were no complaints about Brett's behaviour at the function, he was simply refused more grog becaused the bar had a duty of care in regards to the responsible service of alcohol.

I should note that the sponsor who had an altercation with Watmough gave Stewie a glowing character reference. Stewart even spoke to his daughter along with Matt Orford and made her at ease as she was reluctant to attend the function in the first place.

He responsibly caught a cab home before running into the girl and her parents.

I fail to see what he has done wrong. Gallop can't possibly know what exactly happened when Stewart arrived at his residence and to me this is only time any real drama occured.

Stewart already has a premiership ring and a Dally M award. I have a feeling he might also snare Gallop's head a trophy.

It is going to be very awkward for Gallop when Brett is found to have no case to answer. 

How can Gallop say that brett has brought the game into disrepute when they have been plenty of other serial offenders who he has taken no action against.

The real reason that he has taken a set agans Brett is because he has ruined the NRL's $1.5m advertising campaign.  It is crap anyway and a waste of money. 

What astounds me is Manly gets double the fine the Storm received last year for questioning the integrity of the judiciary.  I wonder which one brings more disrepute to the game?

Gotta love the Foxsports headline at the moment.

"Smith fed up with stigma"

Melbourne Storm captain Cameron Smith says he is fed up with a small group of players ruining the reputation of the rest in the National Rugby League.

Accompanied by a lovly photograph of the clean skin himself, alternating of one Brett Stewart exiting court.

Gotta love the sqaure up for GF humiliation. Let your boss do it all for you ya ****ing little bitch. Where was Cameron when Inglis knocked a dudes head off in a QLD pub last year? Hang on, sry, im getting ahead of myself. Players code of conduct only extends to non-news owned clubs. My bad.

Gallop is a miserable two faced gutless turd.  As a solicitor he was a failure and only got his current job because of his 'services' to Murdoch during the Super League washup.  I'll be pushing at a club level to have the English Premier League organizational system replace the current crap lot at the NRL.  The L stands for logs or losers.  

I am truly astounded at the stupidity of those making comments on this.

This is the quote from the ARLs Carr :
"I obviously backed the NRL's decision but we don't need to make a call on any of those sort of things so we'll just wait and see what happens," Carr said. "We'll keep an eye on it and it might be a hell of a lot clearer when the time comes."

Notice how the emphasis is on waiting to find out something before the ARL will make a call !!!!!!!!!!!!!

When what time comes ? What are they waiting for ? To see if Brett has a drink ?

Further evidence that it is VERY MUCH the allegations/charges (however unproven) made against Brett Stewart thats behind their backing of the NRLs stance on this.

Its clear the presumption of innocence doesnt suit their agenda.

I trust Smith includes himself in the lot destroying the credibility of the League.  Trying to rip the head of a player really brings kiddies to the game.  What a hypocrite.  I used to support QLD in the SOO, I'll give that circus a miss in future.  The ARL are backing the NRL because they're close to an extinct tribe.  What's Carr ever done that's positive?   

When the charges against Brett are dropped or he is found innocent, there is going to be rather a lot of egg on rather a lot of peoples faces.

I am glad that every manly fan has backed Brett Stewart and we know he is innocent.

I'd like  Manly to encourage all their players, for the 09 season, to inform the NRL that they will not be a part of any function endorsed by the NRL in solidarity with Brett Stewart, nor will any member of the team appear on any TV owned wholly or partly by News Ltd.  The NRL, bunch of Pissants. (google it)      

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8