News: Sea Eagles zero tolerance for 2010

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY CEO Graham Lowe will adopt a “zero-tolerance” on any misbehaving Sea Eagles players as the club prepares to launch its 2010 season at the Harbord Diggers Hotel.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4471-sea-eagles-zero-tolerance-for-2010.html">Read the full article</a>

Well at least he is making it clear from the start, but hosting it at a licensed premises again, isn't this what a load of people were banging on about as being the key mistake last year?

I've lived in God's country all my life and have never heard of the Harbord Diggers Hotel?! I wonder where that is? The journalist must be on loan from the Illawarra Mercury.

They should probably vet all women's clothing as appropriate on entry as well :) And Dan is right - in the middle of a huge club where booze is available? I guess you can be sure the players will be on best behaviour this year but if booze is around for the other attendees then anything could happen.

If the players over indulge after last year at this event they should have their contracts torn up - surely they are not that stupid.

Dan link said:
Well at least he is making it clear from the start, but hosting it at a licensed premises again, isn't this what a load of people were banging on about as being the key mistake last year?

It has to be hosted where people can drink.  The sponsors etc will want to have a couple beverages.  It is up to the club and players to ensure they behave.  If league players can be around grog at all we are in trouble. 

This should apply not only to players but also to people like Delmege & co who don't mind having a drink or 50.

Hopefully they will bring their own caterers otherwise we could have a few players come down with food poisioning.

Garts, I couldn't give a **** where this is hosted. I am just trying to point out that we will have a crap load of people supporting Lowe's decision here, the same people that last year called for Meyers head, because the event was hosted in a smaller fairly intimate licensed premises.........

Also there is far more area to cover and far more to get yourself in trouble at the Diggers than the Wharf Bar.

Also being a League player doesn't make them Super Human....unfortunately the vast majority of us love a tipple and one so oft leads to many.

Dan link said:
Also being a League player doesn't make them Super Human....unfortunately the vast majority of us love a tipple and one so oft leads to many.

"One is too many, ten is not enough".

The easy thing to do is hire a bus - take them there and pick them up after lunch.  Des has a training run in the arvo - everyone is happy.

I simply can't understand why the launch isn't at Brookvale oval on a Sunday afvo.  It's a fantastic place to have kids running around with their 'heros', it's the home ground, plenty of parking etc, so what's the problem?  What is it with the beer palaces that has so much attraction?  Surely people that love the booze can carry on at the club later on if they like.  Who makes the decision?     

Not a bad idea at all DSM, and they probably wouldn't be looking at it anyway but it would be out this year with the construction going on

Dan link said:
Also there is far more area to cover and far more to get yourself in trouble at the Diggers than the Wharf Bar.
  How much trouble can one get oneself into amongst a crowd of pokie playing pensioners? 

Can someone make sure that headline hunting, Ralph posing, daughter of minor sponsor doesn't get an invite this year?

I have many friends banned from that cavernous hall. Amongst all the gambling are the numerous bars throughout the place and many places to hide.

Quote:
"I don’t see a need to ban alcohol, we are not dealing with children,” the 63-year-old said on Monday.

“In saying that, there has to be a zero-tolerance there against bad behaviour.

“It’s not a matter of alcohol or not, it’s a matter of behaviour, it’s as simple as that"

Sounds to me like a very sensible approach. Unlike some policies some other clubs have tried.

What a funny society we live in.

Lets ban 25 year olds who are talented at brutal sport from drinking so the rest of us drunks can feel superior for our moral restraint of their behaviour.

Yep, I've been on a few big nights at the Ol Diggers. I tell you what - that place is what Manly League's club should be - outlook and all. The only thing it lacks, is lots of honeys. The place could have always done with more honeys I tells ya.

Ryan link said:
Yep, I've been on a few big nights at the Ol Diggers. I tell you what - that place is what Manly League's club should be - outlook and all. The only thing it lacks, is lots of honeys. The place could have always done with more honeys I tells ya.
You had a few blonds eating out of your hand that night, until you crushed them by showing them your ring finger.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10