1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Race against time

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Apr 6, 2010.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    <p>WARRINGAH Council is certain the finishing touches on the $2 million Brookvale Oval redevelopment will be completed this week for the Sea Eagles’ return to their spiritual home on Sunday, despite our pictures revealing the worksite is still in a mess.</p>
    <p />

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4695-race-against-time.html">Read the full article</a>

2. nita

nita Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    So looking forward to Sunday! Absolutely love Sundays at Brookie.. It has been too long!

3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Cant wait - my first game of the year! 

4. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    I to was looking forwarded going to the game but won't be able to make it, I'm stuck in **** hole Mexico South of the boarder AKA Melbourne once again and can't wait till I get back home.

For the past four months I have been basically living out of a suitcase and its starting to take a toll.

5. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +490 / 6
    Well OEE, stay where you are and you can see the boys next week.

6. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    I to was looking forwarded going to the game but won't be able to make it, I'm stuck in S**t hole Mexico South of the boarder AKA Melbourne once again and can't wait till I get back home.

For the past four months I have been basically living out of a suitcase and its starting to take a toll.
    [/quote]

Game on Fox Sports 2 live at 2pm OEE. If the Hotel (I assume you are in a hotel) doesnt have Foxtel, The Rising Sun in Richmond is a good venue as they are league friendly. Only 5 mins from CBD.

Weather looks pretty ****e down here for Sunday so I will watch from the comfort of home. Beers are cheap, foods good and there's even a beer wench.

7. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    I am staying at the Langham formerly the sheraton and yes it does have fox 1, 2 and 3. Might walk down to Crown or raid the bar fridge at company's expense. Thankfully I head back home on Wednesday night next week.

8. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Sounds like backyard blitz is doing one of those time sensitive renos. Hurry hurry, they are almost here.

9. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    sounds like the construction mob I work for

10. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I went past Brookie this arvo and there was no signs of any work and the place was looking pretty good. Hopefully all is done.

11. brookiegreg

brookiegreg Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Dead right CW - out the front is a huge improvement on what it was, new signs and landscaping and all, and plenty of opportunity for the council to make a quid from much better advertising space within good eyesight of the traffic. Then some council members might stop moaning about the Sea Eagles being a drain on the good burghers funds...

12. brookiegreg

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Some pics of Brookie Oval taken 10.30am Fri morning. Unfortunately haven't got time to shrink these pics down further so will have to make a few postings for this guided tour of Brookie: (max pic size allowed is 500KB)

Brookie oval surface always drains really well even after heavy rain so the "boggy surface" concerns shouldn't hold water pardon pun  ;D

Guided tour:

13. brookiegreg

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Menzies/Fulton pathway:

14. brookiegreg

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
  15. brookiegreg

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
  16. brookiegreg

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Bit of work going on

17. brookiegreg

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Rear of players sheds looking good with no daylight coming in - as we saw on footy show last night

18. brookiegreg

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Still a bit to do here

19. brookiegreg

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
  20. brookiegreg

Ratings: