News: Prophecies from the Penninsula

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can someone send a copy of this to Hoppa and a few of the other off contract players we want to keep

North sydney oval was cursed and so were the bears.

Phil Carey. That is a name from the past. Didn't he go to the raiders at the same time as that oither fanmous Manly player Brett Atkins?

Quick, let's let go of 16 players, send one to each club and with whoever we buy/have left we'll win the comp forever!

Did Brett go to the Raiders? I know he ended up at Parramatta. I recall Brett scoring one of the best Manly tries I have seen. It was in a reserve grade final at the SCG probably in 1983 - he ran about 70 metres palming off about 6 or 7 players on the way to the try line.

Phil Carey was one of my favourites played in the 1982 grand final from memory - didn't realise he made the 1990 Raiders GF team.

Speaks volumes about our talent identification / player retention abilities. There really are very few good players that get away from us, we always seem to hang onto the ones we truly want. Awesome stat.

The Wheel said:
Did Brett go to the Raiders? I know he ended up at Parramatta. I recall Brett scoring one of the best Manly tries I have seen. It was in a reserve grade final at the SCG probably in 1983 - he ran about 70 metres palming off about 6 or 7 players on the way to the try line.

Phil Carey was one of my favourites played in the 1982 grand final from memory - didn't realise he made the 1990 Raiders GF team.

How could you forget his performance in Canberra's 1991 reserve grand final team when the bears beat canberra and he refused to shake the hand of norths players at the end of the game.

He played 3 years with the raiders.

Brett Atkins
Seas Team Pld (W-D-L) T G FG Pts
1983 Manly 11 (9-0-2)
1984 Manly 1 (0-0-1)
1985 Canberra 12 (3-1-8) 3 12
1986 Canberra 11 (2-1-8)
1988 Parramatta 6 (3-0-3) 1 4
1989 Parramatta 18 (9-0-9) 2 8
1991 Canberra 2 (1-0-1)
Totals 61 (27-2-32) 6 24

Yes an impressive positive article with some very interesting stats about players who move on from our great club.

This should be mandatory reading for all of the current Manly players.

Why oh why can't we find a major sponsor?

Rodo said:
Why oh why can't we find a major sponsor?

Because they are afraid of what may happen when their sponsorship ends

Brett Atkins started his junior football at the Forestville Ferrets before grading with Manly. He then went to the Raiders before a stint at the Eels and then another saeson ending his career at the Raiders. He and his wife lived in Quenabeyan and owned the local gym & squash courts. Last time I saw him was about 4-5 years ago when he was moving down the South Coast!

He was also a student at Forest High School, a year behind me. Saw him tear Newtown apart in a junior rep game, circa 1980, at Brookvale.

Great to see another Forest High Old Boy on here! It was a great school back in the 80's. Another Manly player to come from there was David "Hairy" Ronson......

Very good article. I never realised that info about the players that leave our club not winning any titles. Cuthbo might break that this year....lol yeah right.

Who's the next coach on the line?

Furner at Canberra?
Henry at Cowboys?
Flanagan at Sharks?
Smith at Roosters?
Lang at Rabbitohs?
Sheens at Tigers?
Kearney at Parra?

Unfortunately we lost our chances with Ivan Cleary as we don't play them again...there's always next year though ;)

The Eagle said:
Id like to kill Bennett at Newie

I'd like to kill Gallop with a rusty lawnmower blade.

As far as coaches go, I think we'll have to wait till next year. If Furner was anywhere else then his head would be on the block but Canberra won't fire him.

The article missed one (possibly 2)

Stuart
Elliot
Murray
Anderson
Smith

Brown is Debatable as he was otld before he played us

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10