1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: NRL: Sea Eagles 40-minute madness

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by deadlyeagle, May 11, 2010.

1. deadlyeagle

deadlyeagle Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    <p>MANLY’S Origin hopefuls will be robbed of a final chance to impress selectors for a spot in the NSW team when they play Parramatta at Brookvale Oval on Monday night.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4756-nrl-sea-eagles-40-minute-madness.html">Read the full article</a>

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    Picking the Origin side at half-time might actually work in our blokes' favour, considering our first half form this year.

3. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    How many SOO bolters are we likely to have?

I mean Lyon, Watmough and Perry have already apparently got spots, the only other options I see are G.Stewart and Kite. Oh and perhaps Ballin, but his spot wont be based on his performance in this game, rather on Smiths injury.

4. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    At least we know hayne will only play the first 40 minutes......

5. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    If the selectors are changing their decision on the last 40 minutes of football then we should sack them.

Of course they should already be sacked considering how many series we've won recently.

6. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Do you really expect them to pick a winning side when they continue to pick Kidley in the starting line up in the fullback position and also as captain?  How the hell can the supporters of NSW expect to have a winning team when the team selectors keep picking him in those roles when at best he should only be a bench player for his utility value (and yes, I know I'm preaching to the choir on this subject).

7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,116 / 287
    This would be my team:-

01. Jared Hayne
    02. Josh Morris
    03. Timanah Tahu
    04. Jamie Lyon (c)
    05. Brett Morris
    06. Greg Bird
    07. Trent Hodkinson
    08. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
    09. Michael Ennis
    10. Josh Perry
    11. Anthony Watmough
    12. Paul Gallen
    13. Glenn Stewart

14. Josh Dugan
    15. Michael Weyman
    16. David Shillington
    17. Luke O'Donnell

Youth.....and experience.

8. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Dugan is a fullback and fullback only.

I would look elsewhere besides Tahu as well. Even Idris had it all over him the other week

9. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Idris wouldn't be anywhere near origin, surely.

10. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    No of course not, but neither would Tahu. That was my point that even Idris could get on top of Tahu.

I think we would more likely go for a combo of someone like Jennings and Lyon, speed and skill.

11. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,116 / 287
    Anyone notice my error in the team?? Not particularly a player preference - just an error?

12. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Do you really expect them to pick a winning side when they continue to pick Kidley in the starting line up in the fullback position and also as captain?  How the hell can the supporters of NSW expect to have a winning team when the team selectors keep picking him in those roles when at best he should only be a bench player for his utility value (and yes, I know I'm preaching to the choir on this subject).
    [/quote]

I hear you.... and as part of the choir I applaud your effort (well your post at least). Gidley is a large part of why we've lost the previous series. Him and Bellamy.

13. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Isn't that Slime fullback a Jarryd??

14. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    One of your players will be playing for the opposition.  :p

15. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,116 / 287
    One of your players will be playing for the opposition.  :p
    [/quote]

Correct mon-sir