News: NRL keen to know value of longer season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The way we are going in the next 20 years the nrl will become like the baseball where each nrl side will have 2 or 3 teams worth of players and teams would change each week, with only the nucleus of the team staying constant. This would reduce player fatigue across the season and would mean the nrl don't have to keep adding teams and diluting the fan base

Add the extra two (or four teams).
Time to split the competition.
Each year:
Relegate the lowest two teams of the top grade into the next grade.
Promote the two top teams of the lower grade into the high grade.
Relegation or promotion isn't permanent.

seaeagles4life said:
The way we are going in the next 20 years the nrl will become like the baseball where each nrl side will have 2 or 3 teams worth of players and teams would change each week, with only the nucleus of the team staying constant. This would reduce player fatigue across the season and would mean the nrl don't have to keep adding teams and diluting the fan base

Its not a totally bad idea, but where are the players going to come from?

The problem with bigger rosters is not dilution of fan base but dilution of talent.

lismore_fan said:
Add the extra two (or four teams).
Time to split the competition.
Each year:
Relegate the lowest two teams of the top grade into the next grade.
Promote the two top teams of the lower grade into the high grade.
Relegation or promotion isn't permanent.

Ugh, I hate the promotion/relegation idea. RL crowds are fickle as things are, imagine the crowd numbers if a team were relegated. Relegation would equal death. We aren't football, the teams don't have the history or support bases for this to be able to happen.

As Fro mentioned a few posts above mine, the depth of talent in the league is sorely stretched as things are. I question whether it could handle another few games a season, let alone a whole other team. The NRL keep ignoring the junior & local levels of the game while continuing to look for ways to expand the top tier competition. The whole thing will just collapse in on itself if they keep it up.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6