1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWS: Murrihy reviews rival sports to update Manly's integrity protocols

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Jethro, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+1,815 / 7
    Ray Murrihy casts eye on rival sports to safeguard Manly's integrity protocols

July 20 2016 - 4:02PM
    Adrian Proszenko

Former Racing NSW chief steward Ray Murrihy is studying the integrity protocols of leading Australian sporting bodies to ensure Manly is provided with the most stringent measures to safeguard the club against corruption.

The Sea Eagles engaged Murrihy, who retired from racing after serving as a steward for 46 years, to review their integrity procedures after the club became embroiled in match-fixing allegations. Police are investigating at least two NRL matches they suspect were fixed and, while they have not named the Sea Eagles, it's understood they were the common denominator in both games.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. TerryRandall

TerryRandall Well-Known Member

+1,780 / 28
    Wonder how that police investigation is going? Must be very thorough. Haven't heard diddly. How hard can it be to ask some players some questions and review betting records? Maybe they are short on manpower given they now seem to be employing cops on jay walking duty at major intersections in the city. Priorities I guess.
  3. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+2,369 / 103
    I don't know if I am concerned or proud of our clubs diligence here. Im sure there is reasons and our major sponsor pulling the pin claiming it is a response to media of match fixing at our club is as good as any. But there just seems something fundamentally wrong with Employing an expert to ensure your clubs processes comply with integrity best practice. Prior to an investigation into match fixing involving players at your club being handed down.

Is the club just being diligent. Or is it putting the cart before the horse?
  4. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+11,498 / 254
    How did they fix it in Cricket?
    Or is it still an issue :rolleyes: