1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Manly to hold Board Meeting over Suspension and Fine

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Mar 11, 2009.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    The NRL has suspended full-back Brett Stewart until round five of the competition and has fined his club Manly $100,000 after a meeting today.<p>Stewart was suspended under the player's code of conduct after he was charged last night over the alleged sexual assault of a 17-year-old girl.</p><p><strong>Manly has convened a board meeting at the leagues club for 1pm today to decide whether it will challenge the NRL's decision.</strong></p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/manly-to-hold-board-meeting-over-suspension-and-fine.html">Read the full article</a>

2. Flight

Flight Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I vote for challenge!  :mad:

3. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    challenge would be good, but would it allow brett to play this weekend?

4. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    I would fully support the club in a challenge. Even if it caused us to defocus on our season.

5. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    They won't challenge. They can't even agree if we want to keep our CEO and coach. They'll take it on the chin, unless Des gets in there and starts slamming a fist

6. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    here is as i see it, we make the 8 we win the comp. It is best to lose focus now rather than later.

7. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7