News: Manly take aim at NRL over Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't hold your breath for an apology.  I'm expecting the usual line from Gallop, that Brett was refused service and there was an abuse of alcohol at the event.

According to the NRL statement's Manly's report said Stewart was asked to leave the bar.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299555324[/time]

NRL statement (linked to from Triple M's twitter feed)
http://filesocial.com/1sebfy3

I'm pleased with the club's letter.  It shows that the club is behind its players and will go out on a limb to support them.  Good stuff.  'Maintain the rage'.  And I can't recall that Brett was asked to leave the bar.  He was in a group who were asked to leave the Steyne later, which they did in a civil manner.  At the trial the doorman who did that apologised and said that Brett was NOT drunk. 
What I find objectionable and it seems the club do too, is the linking of Stewart to these current events.  Brett did not belt anyone, nor drive a car drunk.  There's a huge difference as other  posters have pointed out.  Gallop needs a reality check. 

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299556408[/time]

Having just read in the NRL statement that Brett was asked to leave the main bar due to intoxication, I am amazed that this is factual.  It wasn't raised by the prosecution during the case when they were alleging drunkeness.  Where did they get this info which the Crown couldn't find? 

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
from twitter
the #NRL has just fired its retort to Manly's tirade. Stand by again. It'll be worth the wait

Can't wait for that one.

I agree it is good to see a club stand behind it's players, although I do wonder how it might affect us in those 50/50 on field decisions, and at the Judiciary.....I would hope that the game is bigger than that BUT you do have to wonder with the Goose in control!

I completely supported the club blasting Gallop but unfortunately the NRL statement contains information that was not previously publicly available which makes us look stupid.  If we did submit that report to the NRL then whoever was responsible for it should be fired.

Where's the security report and Manly's report into the incidents that took place?

Both of them apparently said he was asked to leave due to intoxication - according to the NRL media release.

Maybe Manly needs to get the lawyers involved now.

DSM5 link said:
I'm pleased with the club's letter.  It shows that the club is behind its players and will go out on a limb to support them.  Good stuff.  'Maintain the rage'.  And I can't recall that Brett was asked to leave the bar.  He was in a group who were asked to leave the Steyne later, which they did in a civil manner.  At the trial the doorman who did that apologised and said that Brett was NOT drunk.  
What I find objectionable and it seems the club do too, is the linking of Stewart to these current events.  Brett did not belt anyone, nor drive a car drunk.  There's a huge difference as other  posters have pointed out.  Gallop needs a reality check.  

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299556408[/time]

Having just read in the NRL statement that Brett was asked to leave the main bar due to intoxication, I am amazed that this is factual.  It wasn't raised by the prosecution during the case when they were alleging drunkeness.  Where did they get this info which the Crown couldn't find?  

Is'nt it amazing the NRL can find evidence to support their claims but the DPP could  not . The reply from the NRL now says to us that any player asked to leave a bar ( even if under oath the person who asked them to leave says he was wrong to do so ) should automatically be subjected to a 4 week ban and his club subjected to a $100,000 fine.

That being the case i would assume that if a player was found to be drink driving that the suspension and fine for their club would be much more severe.

One thing I'd agree with the NRL on is that it's a pity this was all brought up again....I had hoped that Snakie would have been able to run on the field on Saturday night without any **** going on in his head...after this I doubt it.

Zorbs?  I would imagine the report that Brett was asked to leave the main bar was fictional.  'apparently' is not factual.  Press stuff.  Like the reported rape in the doorway. Go the Club.  They need to get the lawyers involved for sure and hopefully a 'cease and desist' order on Gallop.  He's certainly showing he is out of his depth.  I hope other CEOs are taking notes. 

Probably right Mark, but Brett should be allowed to resume his place as a 'clean-skin' of the game. It is obvious from that NRL statement that they intend to continue the farce and hammer Manly with no quarter given. Juice for lawyers at the NRL and I am sure thay are all having a good laugh at how clever they are. In that case I call again for the immediate resignation of Gallop.

scott penn will be on 2sm at 5:10pm nsw time

they are trying to get goose gallop on

dsm

im prepared to call 2sm would u mind me quote some of your reports from the case

ManlyBacker link said:
I've said it heaps of times. The Manly Club publicly admitted that the function was mishandled, they confirmed that a booze ban would be enforced at all future official functions and they sent a letter to sponsors and all Sea Eagle members openly apologising for the players' behaviour and pleading for supporters to stand by the club. I hate it, but they are off their heads if they think they have a legal case or can get back any of the $100k.

I agree MB.  They should let the $100K go, but there is no way in hell the NRL can justify Stewart's suspension.

MadMarcus link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=186698.msg320646#msg320646 date=1299553402]
I've said it heaps of times. The Manly Club publicly admitted that the function was mishandled, they confirmed that a booze ban would be enforced at all future official functions and they sent a letter to sponsors and all Sea Eagle members openly apologising for the players' behaviour and pleading for supporters to stand by the club. I hate it, but they are off their heads if they think they have a legal case or can get back any of the $100k.

I agree MB.  They should let the $100K go, but there is no way in hell the NRL can justify Stewart's suspension.
[/quote]
I think it was in Bretts best interest at the time for the club not to be at war with the NRL . I'm sure the club would'nt be acting on this now if they had'nt been in consultation with Brett.

Cambo link said:
scott penn will be on 2sm at 5:10pm nsw time

they are trying to get goose gallop on

dsm

im prepared to call 2sm would u mind me quote some of your reports from the case

Penn should put it to Gallop that the message his sanctions send to NRL players is: "If you are at a bar and intoxicated, make sure you drive home before you get kicked out".

Tunks is  blowing up delux

"if a player is asked to leave a licensed premises and goes with out protest. Does that deserve a 4 week suspension?"

It's a mess isn't it, but I'd agree with DSM....it's making Gallop look like he's out of his depth. But there's just no way that the NRL will back down, doing so opens it up for them to be sued as well...so it's the staus quo I am afraid!

I have just read (carefully) both the Manly press release and the NRLs response.

The NRL under gallop is truly sailing into troubled waters with that nonesense. If anything IMHO it strengthens the proposition that gallop (NRL) has a case to answer in relation to Brett Stewart.

I will explain why shortly.

Jatz Crackers link said:
I have just read (carefully) both the Manly press release and the NRLs response.

The NRL under gallop is truly sailing into troubled waters with that nonesense. If anything IMHO it strengthens the proposition that gallop (NRL) has a case to answer in relation to Brett Stewart.

I will explain why shortly.

Don't leave us hanging to long

Gallop truly had cause to show strong leadership on two separate occasions, 1. Carney 2. Marshall and on both occasions he has failed to deliver. He has let down the code and anyone that supports RL.

The sooner he goes the better the game would be.

Gallop, get back on your bike (hopefully broken seat) and head back to Paris you goose.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8