1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Manly call on former soldier for advice on how to get out of potentially damaging situations

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by DUFFMAN, Mar 5, 2010.

1. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Active Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 5
    <p><strong>MANLY have employed an Auckland company led by a decorated soldier to restore their reputation as the game's cleanest club after a year of horror headlines and off-field scandals. </strong></p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4592-manly-call-on-former-soldier-for-advice-on-how-to-get-out-of-potentially-damaging-situations.html">Read the full article</a>

2. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Re: News: Manly call on former soldier for advice on how to get out of potentially damaging situatio

It is a sign atleast that they are trying to address the issue which is good.

3. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Re: News: Manly call on former soldier for advice on how to get out of potentially damaging situatio

'The first response is to walk away'.  I wonder how much people get paid for imparting common sense?  Not much I'd hope.

4. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +497 / 6

Jamie Singe / Don Singe - hmmmmm, keeping it in the family?

5. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74

New Zealand new Zealand new Zealand.
    Fair go lowe we know you love your fush and chups and choice brows but let's keep somethings on this side of the ditch

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0

My first thought as well.

Not to say that I don't agree with hiring such an organisation, but there are plenty out there much closer to home. Doesn't make much sense bringing some bloke in from NZ as I see it.

7. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0

if the club issues official manly jandles that will be the last straw for me

8. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72

What about Kiwi Sloppy Joes?

9. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1

Dont forget your chilly bins when you go to the footy.

10. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44

You could put it all in your trundler when you go shopping at the factory outlet. Be careful of the jutter bars in the carpark though.

11. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7

What's next?  A Manly player haka before the game?

12. SilentBob

SilentBob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0

My first thoughts as well.

13. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7

I have seen a number of shows on these tactics and to me they all work well. Most people aren't even aware about how they stand, how to use the space around them, control aggressive situations etc. I'm no expert but this has to be a another terrific life skill being provided to the players.

14. Stillman

Stillman Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0

Sounds like a challenge!

15. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74

How long has lowe been in charge and how much kiwi ahit have we had to hear about. Good or bad fair go man. This is just the start.

He has done well so far but this isn't sittingright for me. If he wants to carry the flag become nz pm not the CEO of an Aussie footy team

16. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6

Well I guess Lowe has little in the way of networks over here so he has to use what he's got.  As Dan suggests, it is thin edge of the wedge.

17. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6

Thun ehdge I should say.

18. Spuds Bodyguard

Spuds Bodyguard Active Member

Taree, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0

Does anyone know if there is a family link with Don Singe? If so would surely count for the connection rather than a NZ one.

19. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    Re: News: Manly call on former soldier for advice on how to get out of potential

I run around with some Kiwi boys here in Japan, if they are not the most trustworthy guys i know, I don't know who are.
    Maybe keeping it low key amongst the Bro's is a good thing, none of the Kiwi bouncers seem to get in trouble.

20. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74

TE that's great if we were the nz warriers